Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:04:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2R800 Dyno chart - got it done today  (Read 2333 times)
killerniceguy

« on: March 07, 2009, 06:43:48 PM »

Mods include Leo Vince Ti 2-1 with db killer removed, Marving mid pipe, PCIII, K and N and airbox modified exactly like this:

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=19989.msg357021#msg357021

I have added clipons, rearsets, SBK frontend etc. but will go into detail when I post a pic of the bike.

I just had new belts put on and the valves checked and put back in within spec, new plugs too.  Bike is a 2005 S2R800 with 8100kms on it.  The chart doesn't indicate we are at 3500ft above sea level in Calgary.  not sure if that has any impact on the results.  I would also like to know what "SAE 1.14" means on the chart, forgot to ask that today.

I will be racing it in the Ducati Cup www.ducaticup.com.  The Cup has a 118hp limit, I am not even close, but will have some fun anyways.  I will post pics of the 'race' bike when I get the Triumph Thruxton race fairing from sharkskinz painted and mounted.

I would like to thank Paul and Keith at http://www.motorradperformance.com in Calgary for putting up with endless questions and their amazing service.

Here the are:

« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 06:50:22 PM by killerniceguy » Logged

S2R800 race bike.  www.ducaticup.com
JTMOTO

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 08:43:17 PM »

Nice...So give me your impressions on this!   This is fairly identical to what Im doing.  I have the Leo 2-1 and a Mivv midpipe and will be doing the PC3  very soon.  Running strong?
killerniceguy

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 09:19:10 PM »

To be honest I really have no idea how it feels.  I was last able to ride it in November, that ride was also the first time I was able to ride it with the clipons on so I was a little preoccupied with the new body position.  The guys at the bike shop were able to take it out for rip today after the the PCIII and dyno but snowed 4" as they were hauling back to my place.  They said the power is way smoother and very responsive.

What I can tell you is it idles way better and the small amount of popping I had when releasing the throttle is gone.  As soon as I can get it on the road I will post a report.

Nice...So give me your impressions on this!   This is fairly identical to what Im doing.  I have the Leo 2-1 and a Mivv midpipe and will be doing the PC3  very soon.  Running strong?

S2R800 race bike.  www.ducaticup.com
needtorque

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 09:25:17 PM »

At least you posted a pic of the dyno results.  Hope you like it.

Who insures the FDIC?
sno_duc

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 11:05:17 PM »

IIRC 68* f and 29.92 " mercury are considered "standard atmospheric conditions " your runs were at 71ish and 25.98  so ' SAE 1.14 ' would be a correction factor.
Your A/F charts look good waytogo

A conclusion is the place you got tired of thinking
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: