Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 03:47:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DFWM Peeps Photo Album?  (Read 7443 times)
never2loud
« on: May 14, 2008, 07:42:47 AM »

What about someone hosting a photo album somewhere where we could download some of our favorite pictures of people from recent meet-ups?  Kind of a "family" album sort of thing (we've got an awesome thread for bikes already, so why not one for the folks who ride the silly things!).  It could be a sticky.  Maybe?

So how do y'all feel about a People of the DFWM Photo Album thread?   I know I've got at least a dozen really great shots of folks from over the last several years that I think most people would find kind of fun.  Maybe it woul be nice for everyone to share one or two of their favorite DFWM people photos all in one convenient location?  coffee
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:10:58 AM by n2f » Logged
fastwin
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 08:02:55 AM »

That's a great idea but I still will pay $10 to not have someone post a pic of me! cheeky
James.M

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:30:59 AM »

That sounds like a great idea, we could include the username/pw in the calendar email group so anyone can login and upload there own or edit it (so some people [brian] wont pregnant dog, I mean uhhh).

Maybe a photobucket or smugsmug, those are both pretty good hosts, and come with alot of space...

That's a great idea but I still will pay $10 to not have someone post a pic of me! cheeky
I'm willing to post more just for that reason!
never2loud
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 08:48:28 AM »

yeah, only put the person's DFWM screen-name, if any titles are supplied at all... might help to start putting names with faces
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 08:51:19 AM »

I really hate pics of moi... I think y'all can see why  vomit

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
never2loud
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 09:05:54 AM »

I really hate pics of moi... I think y'all can see why  vomit

There.  Fixed it for 'ya.  So how about something along these lines; bikes and peeps  Grin 

And as I recall, you've got some great ones from the last Hill Country trip, Scott.  in fact, I think there was a whole series...   Evil

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 09:10:54 AM by n2f » Logged
James.M

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 09:08:02 AM »

There.  Fixed it for 'ya.  So how about something along these lines; bikes and peeps  Grin 

And you've got some great ones from the last Hill Country trip, Scott.  One of my personal favorites...   Evil

wow thats so old pic! that is back in 06!
ooo the good ol 999 days...
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 09:12:38 AM »

yeah, I think I was young then!!!!!  laughingdp

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
James.M

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 09:24:09 AM »

yeah, I think I was young then!!!!!  laughingdp
I wouldn't stretch the imagination that much... but you have cleaned up since then!  laughingdp laughingdp
BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 09:24:31 AM »

What about someone hosting a photo album somewhere where we could download some of our favorite pictures of people from recent meet-ups?  Kind of a "family" album sort of thing (we've got an awesome thread for bikes already, so why not one for the folks who ride the silly things!).  It could be a sticky.  Maybe?

So how do y'all feel about a People of the DFWM Photo Album thread?   I know I've got at least a dozen really great shots of folks from over the last several years that I think most people would find kind of fun.  Maybe it woul be nice for everyone to share one or two of their favorite DFWM people photos all in one convenient location?  coffee

I've got two suggestions to offer.

First, I already have my gallery that I use for my car and my Ducati.  The system allows for user accounts and rights for users to upload their own pics.  My album is:
http://www.barneephife.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=60

Second, I like how William has been using Google for maps and calendar.  I know there is a photo section there, but I'm not sure how conducive it is to "group use".  Further investigation is warranted.

• 2006 Ducati SportClassic 1000
  • 1978 Yamaha GT 80

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
James.M

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 09:29:38 AM »

First, I already have my gallery that I use for my car and my Ducati.  The system allows for user accounts and rights for users to upload their own pics.  My album is:

Second, I like how William has been using Google for maps and calendar.  I know there is a photo section there, but I'm not sure how conducive it is to "group use".  Further investigation is warranted.
Thats a great idea Jim, if your not in the market of selling your bike anytime soon (again!)   chug we could do that... I'll make a subdomain so we can reroute to a shorter url or something for the non-savy and hard to find link...
dallas2r

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 10:43:54 AM »

Picasa is blocked at work, but I'll look into it when I get a chance. Google's usually pretty good about tying their products together so I'm interested to see how this could link into the whole Calendar and Maps functionality.

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 10:55:48 AM »

I have a picture of you that I'll take $10 dollars for. Grin

cdc
James.M

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 11:29:05 AM »

Picasa is blocked at work, but I'll look into it when I get a chance. Google's usually pretty good about tying their products together so I'm interested to see how this could link into the whole Calendar and Maps functionality.
youhide.com then try picasa, come on now...
dallas2r

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 11:49:08 AM »

youhide.com then try picasa, come on now...

blocked...   bang head

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: