Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 07:50:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 695 valve adjust, MBP collets, and timing belt DIY notes & observations  (Read 22018 times)
dlk7u

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 11:48:26 AM »

Thanks!  I agree about removing the belts - now that I'm comfortable with the way everything spins around, I'll certainly take them off the next time I do the job.

For anyone who might be looking for other resources, here are some that I found helpful:

Lastly, California Cycleworks has a posted a set of instructional videos on youtube about various ducati maint. projects.  Their video series (2 parts, I think) on valve adjustments presumes that the belts are OFF (they've actually removed the entire cylinder head), so even if you can't follow them step-by-step it's still nice to see an expert go through and explain the process.  I also highly recommend the store itself (good prices, great customer service), too.  Here's a link to part one of the valves: Ducatitech.com "HowTo" Adjust your Valves (Part 1)

Cheers,
Dan
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 12:10:25 PM »

Yay! Long weekend project planned out. Now I just need to print this.  waytogo

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 02:45:10 PM »

just an FYI for those who are working on a 1000DS, you cant spin the cam a full 360.  you can check for binding by spinning it just 90 degrees.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: