Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:58:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GREAT ROADS TO RIDE IN WISCONSIN  (Read 22203 times)
WarrenJ

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 10:54:05 AM »

That would be interesting - There are two or three within 20 miles of me.  I'm looking at doing a trip from my place to just North of Lacrosse, up 35 along the Mississippi, eventually to Superior and back down through the center of the state.  Probably be a weekend trip - if I can afford it.  My "employer" owes me a very large amount of money so I'm job hunting and swinging a pretty darn small loop. 

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
Destructobot

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 11:34:33 PM »

107 from Merrill to Tomahawk is a great ride.  Twisty with elevation change along the Wisconsin River.  A short stretch, but it's a great alternative to 39 if you're heading up north, especially if there's lots of traffic.  From Tomahawk you can take Y up to 51 if you need to get back on the tourist path.  Stop for ice cream at Lake Nokomis.

WarrenJ

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 04:46:59 AM »

That looks interesting - I'll add it to the list.  How is W from Wausau to Merrill?  I like to avoid superslab as much as possible anyway.

Destructobot

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 10:28:17 AM »

I've never ridden W.  107 from Wausau to Merril isn't bad either, just straight.  It's up on a high elevation area with rolling hills, big views, and lots of farms.  Watch out for tractors.
WarrenJ

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 11:15:40 AM »

I'll probably take a spin up that way sometime this summer - I like to go up to Minoqua for Gyros at the Island Cafe - a simple excuse for a 400 mile ride.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: