Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 03:53:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I sue the NYC DOT?  (Read 2589 times)
goldenchild
« on: May 13, 2008, 10:47:26 AM »

Caught another flat via an SAE cap head screw, right down the center of my rear tire. Instead of enjoying a nice outdoor lunch today watching all the lovely Soho ladys walk by, I'll be plugging and inflating my tire Angry Angry Angry.

Can I sue the DOT for the cost of yet another rear tire?*

*I jest of course.
FLSTFI_E46

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 10:57:38 AM »

Caught another flat via an SAE cap head screw, right down the center of my rear tire. Instead of enjoying a nice outdoor lunch today watching all the lovely Soho ladys walk by, I'll be plugging and inflating my tire Angry Angry Angry.

Yeah, it stinks.  I'm currenlty storing a 749 that was ridden in the city that had the same thing ... screw right in the middle of the tire.  Plugged it.  Not sure how well it'll be snugged in there since it's always in the contact patch and it eventually wear out and air will begin to leak ??

City contractors seems to always drop screws all over.

Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 11:54:34 AM »

you can sue anyone for anything, winning is the problem  Tongue

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

www.suspectsunlimited.com
Cru Jones
Dog's Bollocks

RC51

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »

that sux  Angry

Usually Suspect
patricks2r

USUAL SUSPECT

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 12:32:11 PM »

Jake was buying you a new one anyway..  right?
bah..  just kiddin Jake...

"Pat - You'd better not be free-balling in my leathers! You gots to wear undies, son!"  - CRU JONES
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 01:55:53 PM »

Put a claim in with the comptroller's office.  The process is free.  If the hazard was reported and not repaired you will collect.  My wife damaged two tires and wheels on the Willis Ave Bridge.  We collected, though it took months
goldenchild
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 04:21:03 PM »

Put a claim in with the comptroller's office.  The process is free.  If the hazard was reported and not repaired you will collect.  My wife damaged two tires and wheels on the Willis Ave Bridge.  We collected, though it took months

I suppose it's worth a shot, thanks Howie! I used to live in the Bronx and at one point I knew every bump, pothole, and ripple on that bridge, even though it changed daily... now if I find myself crossing that bridge I just hope for the best.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: