Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:17:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MiVV GP exhaust on 696  (Read 5053 times)
MadDaddy

'09 M696, '98 RS250

« on: January 17, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »

Is anyone running the MiVV GP exhaust on a 696 with stock ECU? How is it running?

2009 M696, 14T front sprocket, M1100 bars and riser, DP bar ends, CRG levers, R&G tail tidy, Exan carbon fiber exhaust cans, DP low profile seat, 12v port for charger and TomTom, Motovation frame sliders, axle sliders and fork sliders. LH Euro air shroud with charcoal canister removed. GIPro gear indicator. Rizoma rearsets.
w7ck7d

The DUCtOr

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 10:19:18 PM »

ive been thinking about selling my termi stainless slip on.and get me those mivv gp style.

09' 696 Black
94' BRONCO 5.8 EB
MotoMoto

Taipei, Taiwan

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 08:41:52 PM »

Sorry - not to answer your question but adding another one:

These cans would be my 1st choice, too. Great looks (finally something not so fat and not tapering) and according to the youtube vid they sound just perfect to me. My concern is just that I don't see any heat shields on them. So I'm afraid a passenger will get nasty burns - anyone with practical experience out there?

M696 red,14T,CRG levers,DP touring seat,CF Termis
MadDaddy

'09 M696, '98 RS250

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 09:55:11 PM »

Sorry - not to answer your question but adding another one:

These cans would be my 1st choice, too. Great looks (finally something not so fat and not tapering) and according to the youtube vid they sound just perfect to me. My concern is just that I don't see any heat shields on them. So I'm afraid a passenger will get nasty burns - anyone with practical experience out there?

Carbon fiber does not get that hot.

2009 M696, 14T front sprocket, M1100 bars and riser, DP bar ends, CRG levers, R&G tail tidy, Exan carbon fiber exhaust cans, DP low profile seat, 12v port for charger and TomTom, Motovation frame sliders, axle sliders and fork sliders. LH Euro air shroud with charcoal canister removed. GIPro gear indicator. Rizoma rearsets.
DucinKtown

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 10:28:39 PM »

I am looking for new exhaust and want something different, you know the road less travelled

I'm thinking these or the LeoVince.

Any differences that you know of that would make one better than the other? 
MadDaddy

'09 M696, '98 RS250

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 11:07:43 PM »

If you're talking about the Leo GP's, all I can say is they're tapered and stainless, the MiVV GP's are not tapered, round and carbon fiber. I've been asking on this forum in many posts if these are compatible with the stock ECU and haven't had one reply. I have yet to see dyno graphs comparing these pipes. The dyno graphs I have seen for the MiVV GP's look impressive but I don't know if they were run on stock ECU, DP ECU or power commander combo. As I am new here myself, I sure wish someone with some experience would chime in.

DucinKtown

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 06:46:50 AM »

I hear ya, I have read the LeoV's are ok with the stock ECU,

I guess I can send a note Mivv and ask, I'll tell you response I get.

Thanks Russ
MotoMoto

Taipei, Taiwan

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 07:26:35 AM »

Carbon fiber does not get that hot.

Yep, think so too. I am more concerned about the steel parts (see below, if my pic posting skill is sufficient). Those seem to be just next to the passenger's lower legs.

To me it seems pointless or it would be misleading advertisement if MIVV would claim the performance gain while using the DP ECU. In the graph they claim it is "stock". On the other hand it's an Italian company, to my experience they can be pretty "creative" in advertising.  Cool

Raux
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 10:54:32 AM »

Yep, think so too. I am more concerned about the steel parts (see below, if my pic posting skill is sufficient). Those seem to be just next to the passenger's lower legs.

from what i heard the stock exhaust heats up more because of the backpressure and the included cat.
I wonder if the the cored stock cans with no cat heats up the same way.
peaveybassist

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 02:41:04 PM »

From that angle the stainless parts look farther back than they actually are. Here is a straight side shot of the Two Brothers cans.
Just for reference, Indy Superbikes is selling these carbon ones for $799 with free shipping!
Triple J
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 04:57:57 PM »

To me it seems pointless or it would be misleading advertisement if MIVV would claim the performance gain while using the DP ECU. In the graph they claim it is "stock". On the other hand it's an Italian company, to my experience they can be pretty "creative" in advertising.  Cool

The carbon can won't get all that hot since the CAT is gone, but the metal pieces circled (especially the pipe itself) will get hot. It's still an exhaust pipe.
Raux
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 10:25:47 PM »

The carbon can won't get all that hot since the CAT is gone, but the metal pieces circled (especially the pipe itself) will get hot. It's still an exhaust pipe.

and i think this is why the termi's are better in one way. they retain the heat shield for passenger safety.
does any other of the aftermarket cans come with a heat shield mount or their own style?
MotoMoto

Taipei, Taiwan

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 08:01:25 AM »

This is what MIVV has to say about those two topics (heat and dynochart).
The dynochart issue should be clear then, but the heat issue - less convincing.

Hello,

many thanks for your e-mail.
After several hundreds D.023.L2S sold worldwide we never reported any injuring problem from our customers.
Our technical dpt. confirms that the dynocharts have been taken with a complete stock bike.

Kind regards

Customer Service
MIVV
telefono  +39 (0)861 8120237
fax  +39 (0)861 8120240

MadDaddy

'09 M696, '98 RS250

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 06:17:11 PM »

Good to see Moto. My girl has her own bike so I'm not worried about the passenger issue. Now I just gotta decide between the MiVV GP's or the Quatro D's. Anybody got any input about that? Pro's and con's? Wish I could get dimensions of the two. To me, the MiVV's cans look a little fatter, which I like, but I like the cones on the QD's. Gawd, I wish the Termi's weren't tapered!  bang head

PJFZ1

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 09:31:14 AM »

We've got lots of Experience with the MIVV Gp cans, and the heat isn't an issue - I can lay my hand easily on the cans after running our bikes hard.   And the sound of the Gp cans is the most resonant we've ever heard, we love them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: