Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 05:55:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to: Fuel Filter Change S2R  (Read 34067 times)
Monstyr

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 08:16:27 AM »

This was useful as I've just replaced my filter and it was helpful to see someone else do it. waytogo

One note, you dont need a screwdriver to release the fuel lines from the alloy baseplate, simply squeeze that plastic ring at 90 degrees to the plastic lugs and they will spring out and then they'll easily pull away.
Same set up as a medicine cap.

The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
Uba Tracker

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 04:36:55 AM »

Nice write up Spanky, thanks for the detailed walk through of the procedure. However I personally am not a fan of the hose clamps in this type of application. The screw type hose clamps used typically have a fixed radius under the threaded section which cannot change as the internal diameter decreases on tightening which could translate to uneven clamping of the fuel line onto the filter barbs and potententially result in leaking and a reduction in fuel delivery pressure. The OEM clamps are just 'Ear' clamps and are readily available from automotive parts shops like Repco and maybe even hydraulics places like Enzed for about 70 cents each. Oetiker is one of the big names in these clamp systems and 10.9mm is the size you'll need for your 800 S2R and probably most others. A set of cheap nail pincers from Bunnings work just fine as crimpers or even side cutters will do the job, and the benefit is an OEM like result with reliable clamping.

cheers

Harry   
ZyMe

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 01:34:40 PM »

Changing the Fuel filter on a 07 S2R 800, I assume this will be similar on the S2R 1000, maybe somebody wiser than myself could post a reply and advise how many different models this would suit, anyway on with the show.

Gad damn my Garage is a mess, I really should clean it up!  Tongue

Anyway, back to the show!  Grin

Lower the tank back onto the towels, while tilting the tank back ensure your not stretching any fuel or vent pipes or power leads.
Unplug the power lead to the fuel pump (Centre right of Photo)
Remove the Inlet and outlet pipes, this is where the long this flat blade screw driver comes in handy, I used the tip of the flat blade in between the alloy pipe protruding from the alloy base and the little clips on each side of the pipe connection, gently prise them out and clear of the alloy base.
Be gentle, they are plastic and easy to bend out of shape or break.
Get those rags/cloths out, some fuel will spill from the lines and the housing/tank

I hope this helps!  waytogo

So I broke the two fuel pipe connectors...  Sad

Any advise on Where is the best place for replacement?  Dealer or aftermarket options?

2005 S2R (800)
insydney

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 08:28:06 PM »

So I broke the two fuel pipe connectors...  Sad

Any advise on Where is the best place for replacement?  Dealer or aftermarket options?

Zyme    did you get an answer to this ?
those connectors look likely to snap so i may as well be prepaired
cheers
oldndumb

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 02:04:43 PM »

Zyme    did you get an answer to this ?
those connectors look likely to snap so i may as well be prepaired
cheers

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here.  Doesn't Reply # 16 answer the question, unless you are asking about the pump housing plate fitgs.?  If so, I would think you would have to do a bit of extra work to break those.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:08:39 PM by oldndumb » Logged
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 04:44:28 PM »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here.  Doesn't Reply # 16 answer the question, unless you are asking about the pump housing plate fitgs.?  If so, I would think you would have to do a bit of extra work to break those.
Reply #16 only deals with the clamps not the plastic quick connect fittings...the way I read it anyway...

and if someone manages to break the spigots off the pump mounting plate they really should reconsider working on just about anything.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

oldndumb

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 12:22:47 PM »

Reply #16 only deals with the clamps not the plastic quick connect fittings...the way I read it anyway...

and if someone manages to break the spigots off the pump mounting plate they really should reconsider working on just about anything.

You know what, that is the way I also read it.....now.  Grin
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2016, 08:49:51 PM »

Purolator F67221, and Wix 33310 are dead ringers for the size and inlet diameters.

10micron filtering. 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: