Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 01:29:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 357934 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1905 on: November 07, 2018, 01:19:12 PM »

Annapolis is fine for the area, but I like moving.

I used to enjoy moving, but it’s gotten old now. I almost wish I hadn’t have packed up again over the summer.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1906 on: November 08, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »

I used to enjoy moving, but it’s gotten old now. I almost wish I hadn’t have packed up again over the summer.

I think the almost indicates that you don't regret the move, so that's something. Any idea how long you'll be in that area?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1907 on: November 09, 2018, 03:47:36 PM »

I'll jump in.

I hate moving. I've lived in the same spot for the last 30+ years.

I'll die here.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1908 on: November 10, 2018, 02:57:08 AM »

I think the almost indicates that you don't regret the move, so that's something.

Don't get me wrong; I'm happy to be back in the UK. This move has caused too much upheaval in all aspects of life though, and I'm not enjoying that aspect.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1909 on: November 10, 2018, 04:18:00 AM »

I hate moving. I've lived in the same spot for the last 30+ years.

Wow. I've been in this house for over 6 years, making it the longest I have ever lived in one spot. Probably be here for another 2 at least.

I do see some of the benefits - getting to know the town and the people around here. We  enjoy being friendly with servers and business owners. But the wanderlust, it is strong.

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1910 on: November 11, 2018, 08:41:50 PM »

OK, 7 weeks ago the pain started & 5 weeks ago, on a Sunday, it got so bad that I couldn't finish a project on the supermoto. I could barely park the bike in its spot in the garage. Today I finished the project but ran out of time to go ride. Weather permitting and God willing I aim to get a ride next weekend.  I could swing a leg over the seat & get on / off the thing.  I'm ready no matter what the doc says.    Dolph

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1911 on: November 11, 2018, 10:21:12 PM »

Glad you’re on the mend Rick, and feeling much better. Go easy though; make sure you don’t jump in too quickly and tweak that back again.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1912 on: November 12, 2018, 06:21:33 AM »

Glad you’re on the mend Rick, and feeling much better. Go easy though; make sure you don’t jump in too quickly and tweak that back again.

Roger that! However the thing about the back is just to heal the wound from the surgery done to remove the bad boy synovial cyst that was jamming into the spinal cord at L4-L5. Apart from the standard wear & tear of disc degeneration by virtue of age there was nothing, per se, wrong with the back.  That said, yes, I'll start a exercise old age management program to protect what's still there.   Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1913 on: November 12, 2018, 10:45:47 AM »

Roger that! However the thing about the back is just to heal the wound from the surgery done to remove the bad boy synovial cyst that was jamming into the spinal cord at L4-L5. Apart from the standard wear & tear of disc degeneration by virtue of age there was nothing, per se, wrong with the back.  That said, yes, I'll start a exercise old age management program to protect what's still there.   Grin

waytogo

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1914 on: November 13, 2018, 03:06:31 PM »

OK, 7 weeks ago the pain started & 5 weeks ago, on a Sunday, it got so bad that I couldn't finish a project on the supermoto. I could barely park the bike in its spot in the garage. Today I finished the project but ran out of time to go ride. Weather permitting and God willing I aim to get a ride next weekend.  I could swing a leg over the seat & get on / off the thing.  I'm ready no matter what the doc says.    Dolph

waytogo waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1915 on: November 18, 2018, 05:57:22 PM »

Got my two laps over Tantalus today pn the SM.  Had to get used to everything after being off for so long.  The bike is the beans over that hill but had to fight the headwind going back over the Pali.  KTM is no fight, just blast through.  One of these days I'll do a back to back with the two.  Feeling a little stiff right now.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1916 on: November 19, 2018, 10:56:43 AM »

waytogo waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1917 on: November 22, 2018, 09:55:46 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving folks ! !

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1918 on: November 22, 2018, 11:47:04 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving folks ! !

Same to ya!...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1919 on: November 22, 2018, 02:41:40 PM »

Got my two laps over Tantalus today pn the SM.  Had to get used to everything after being off for so long.  The bike is the beans over that hill but had to fight the headwind going back over the Pali.  KTM is no fight, just blast through.  One of these days I'll do a back to back with the two.  Feeling a little stiff right now.

I did my back to back this morning while dodging rain showers. Limited rides but still. The Husky isn't slow but it's not going to win any drag races. The KTM is a full on hot rod out of control beast that is just civilized enough to be on the road. It just doesn't like anything slow, in sport mode anyway. Both handle very well but just differently.  Both on the borderline of being obnoxiously loud.  Hmmmmm................

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: