Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:11:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DT "say anything" thread  (Read 355363 times)
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1965 on: September 16, 2020, 05:27:07 AM »

Okeedokee, that's about where we are for a similar shop. One thing won't get dramatically more expensive when we move!

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1966 on: September 16, 2020, 10:14:15 PM »

Did Jen have a choice in the PCS?  I think things have gotten worse over here since you left. Don't get me wrong now, it would be nice to see your smiling faces again  but the island has been going downhill, like most places I suppose though.........

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1967 on: September 21, 2020, 04:22:02 AM »

Not really a choice, no. I was hopeful for Monterey, but it wasn't on the table. She applied for two places - Hawaii and Whidbey Island, WA - and obviously got Hawaii.

What's been getting worse (or is it everything  cheeky?)  I certainly had some reservations about going back. It's a big move. We don't know exactly where she'll be working, so we can't begin to estimate where to try to live. Cost of living is, obviously, atrocious, and salaries aren't really commensurate. Jen is cushioned somewhat by her military-ness, but only relative to her current pay. I'm a bit up in the air for work still.

Other than that, it all sounds perfect!

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1968 on: December 20, 2020, 01:52:16 PM »

So sad...Motorcyclist, Sport Bike, Cycle, Cycle Guide they're all gone... Cry

With, I predict, Cycle World soon to follow...

Uh oh................

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1969 on: December 20, 2020, 01:59:17 PM »

The new Cycle World .........  a mix of the old and Motorcyclist ...... nothing like it ever from the American press  ...... awesome ! !   Count me in as a subscriber ! !   waytogo   waytogo  waytogo

Got the December issue of Cycle World recently and sat down last night to read it. You know, the Sat. eve, beer, smoke, blues-rock & motorcycle race / movie night in the garage. Have been meaning to send my check and the business reply mail subscription renewal thing into Cycle World.  DAMN ! ! !   Angry  Sad  Angry  Sad   Wouldn't you know it ? ?  Now they are gone from print too.  Read that mag from cover to cover like the precious thing that it is.  Such an old time luddite I am.  I think it is a seminal moment in motorcycle publishing. Digital will never be the same.    Cry  Cry

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1970 on: December 21, 2020, 10:23:15 AM »

Got the December issue of Cycle World recently and sat down last night to read it. You know, the Sat. eve, beer, smoke, blues-rock & motorcycle race / movie night in the garage. Have been meaning to send my check and the business reply mail subscription renewal thing into Cycle World.  DAMN ! ! !   Angry  Sad  Angry  Sad   Wouldn't you know it ? ?  Now they are gone from print too.  Read that mag from cover to cover like the precious thing that it is.  Such an old time luddite I am.  I think it is a seminal moment in motorcycle publishing. Digital will never be the same.    Cry  Cry

Mutual feelings here...at one time I was subscribing to CW, Motorcyclist, Cycle, Cycle Guide and Dirt Bike...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1971 on: December 21, 2020, 10:06:30 PM »

Mutual feelings here...at one time I was subscribing to CW, Motorcyclist, Cycle, Cycle Guide and Dirt Bike...

waytogo

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1972 on: March 20, 2021, 10:27:04 AM »

Anyone know if WSBK is going to be broadcast on TV this season?  I see that MotoGP will be on NBCSN...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1973 on: March 27, 2021, 10:38:18 AM »

Google it, I guess. Other than subscription I have no idea. Never occurred to me to search.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1974 on: March 28, 2021, 04:40:24 PM »

I've searched and all indicators pointed towards NBCSN but I can't find any listings on that channel for WSBK, MotoGP yes, but not WSBK...

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1975 on: April 12, 2021, 04:31:18 AM »

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=78626.msg1448621#msg1448621

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1976 on: April 12, 2021, 10:13:04 PM »

YouTube is good and all that but I think Gene is missing being able to watch/record the whole race like we used to do when it was on BeIN. I subscribe but the features aren't nearly as good as the MotoGP subscription.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1977 on: April 13, 2021, 05:53:43 AM »

The motogp subscription is worth every penny.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1978 on: April 18, 2021, 12:14:15 PM »

The motogp subscription is worth every penny.

waytogo  waytogo  waytogo  waytogo

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1979 on: August 10, 2021, 07:21:09 PM »

You getting any riding in these days MD? Oh, and how's the new place treating you?

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: