Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 07:20:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lowered headlight bracket "kit"  (Read 34790 times)
Capo

You Are What You Is

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 09:35:44 AM »

hahaha. That book was indeed awesome. Someone posted the 3 little pigs story and the first thing i thought of was the stinky cheese man. lol

got my brackets today! trying to figure out how they go back together...  Lips Sealed

You shall be known forthwith as Cheese Head  Grin

Capo de tuti capi
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2008, 10:05:14 AM »

This what my '04 S4R looks like

I'm preparing to do this mod, and I was planning on cutting the bracket just below the sensor mount, retaining that piece and discarding the remainder.

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 11:27:45 AM »

You shall be known forthwith as Cheese Head  Grin

There lies 2 problems.

a) I DONT LIKE THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!!!!
b) no.

cheese man is fine though.

Grin

I got the bracket back today and will attempt an install. Majority of hte problem lies with putting the bracket together and figuring out how long it takes my fingers to go numb. its 19 degrees in my garage. ;p

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2008, 11:32:29 AM »

I'm preparing to do this mod, and I was planning on cutting the bracket just below the sensor mount, retaining that piece and discarding the remainder.

You can try that, but the point of that bracket is two fold.  By getting rid of the bottom portion, the gauges will flop around quite a bit.  The rubber mounts for the gauges is stabilized quite a bit from the bracket.  Hence why I mounted the gauges to the triple.

Tried doing it without lowering the headlight, thats what I got.  YMMV.  Maybe the rubber mounts on my bike were worn out after 1500 miles, but I doubt it.

OverCaffeinated

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 12:35:51 PM »

There lies 2 problems.

a) I DONT LIKE THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!!!!
b) no.

cheese man is fine though.

Grin

I got the bracket back today and will attempt an install. Majority of hte problem lies with putting the bracket together and figuring out how long it takes my fingers to go numb. its 19 degrees in my garage. ;p

Stinky Cheese Man. One of my favs
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 02:37:26 PM »

You can try that, but the point of that bracket is two fold.  By getting rid of the bottom portion, the gauges will flop around quite a bit.  The rubber mounts for the gauges is stabilized quite a bit from the bracket.  Hence why I mounted the gauges to the triple.

Tried doing it without lowering the headlight, thats what I got.  YMMV.  Maybe the rubber mounts on my bike were worn out after 1500 miles, but I doubt it.

Huh?   I'm not getting rid of the U-tube that bolts to the triple clamp, just a piece of the smaller, wire-frame bracket that holds the air sensor (the part that you omitted all-together).

EDIT:  Oh, I think I see what you're saying...I'm retaining the OEM fasteners, just moving them around.  My gauges will also be bolted to the triple clamp.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 03:27:33 PM by pompetta » Logged

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2008, 12:42:53 AM »

UPDATE TO THE FIRST PAGE.

I WILL NO LONGER BE OFFERING THE "KIT" FOR ANY OTHER BIKE THAN A S4RS/T.

I will still lower the headlight brackets/re-weld, but I do not feel that I can offer a comprehensive kit for each different model/bike.  There are apparently more than 3 different ways the gauges are mounted to the triple, so gauge mounting will be up to the customer in the future.  All I will be providing will be the welding services of dropping the headlight mounts. 

$57 w/return shipping will be the new cost. 

I don't want to do this, but I don't feel I have the resources to come up with the individual parts for each model bike, and there are a myriad of different ways to mount the gauges.

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2008, 11:58:37 AM »

Alright heres the results. Not to informative since this is yet another way to do this mod... best bet is to open your bike up and see what your working with and start from there.

First up. my puppy! was looking for an old pic of my bike but found this (from this summer, he had a clef pallate and he actually isnt much bigger than that!  those tiles are 4x4 i believe.)

OK Serious now.... Grin

youll see a white nub and a brass nipple. The brass nipple slides over a metal rod that is attatched to the triple. NOTE: THIS IS FOR A 2006 S2R 1000 ONLY. I dont know how it looks like on other bikes.

result:

I need to find a way to plug that top hole. then im good to go. Its an M5, so maybe theres a short m5 screw with a nice looking cap.

Heres a pic of bracket, mostly of TAft's weld. Once you paint over it, the whole thing looks pretty much OEM.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 02:05:43 PM by He Man » Logged

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2008, 02:15:44 PM »

your bike looks sick as balls.
i think i saw it in one of my nightmares killing unicorns... love its evilness.

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008, 02:32:04 PM »

your bike looks sick as balls.
i think i saw it in one of my nightmares killing unicorns... love its evilness.

laughingdp ROFLAMO! Thats the funnest shit i heard all day. thanks man!

billg69gmc

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2008, 06:26:07 PM »

I like the idea of dropping the gauges, but I wonder if it would not also be nice to add some sort of "mini" windscreen that would prevent rain damage. I ride whenever. I don't care if it rains, but I don't want to compromise protection for looks when it can be avoided.

Almost if the gauges sat in a half oval bucket with just a smidge of windscreen (1" or 2") that lipped to keep the rain out.

chug Nice mod though! chug

2010 StreetFighter S     2008 Hym1100     2006 S2R1k
Capo

You Are What You Is

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2008, 01:48:11 AM »

"youll see a white nub and a brass nipple. The brass nipple slides over a metal rod that is attatched to the triple."

I see no brass nipple or white nub.

Capo de tuti capi
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »

"youll see a white nub and a brass nipple. The brass nipple slides over a metal rod that is attatched to the triple."

I see no brass nipple or white nub.

that guages slip over those 2 pegs, then the nipple slips inside and the white nub slips over it.

if u look at the pic wher ei made the comment, all u see is a washer, thats part of the nipple. the actual nipple part is just inside the guages.

Chchadder

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2008, 02:46:43 PM »

Just got mine on today.  Took a few hours figuring it out, shaving down pieces we didn't end up using, etc... We ended up accidentally pulling out one of the pins that come down from the triple, which is the intended way in the first place.  After that they just bolt up to into the bottom of the triple.  Cut down a few rubber grommets to make some shockmount spacers and BAM!  Good to go!  Solid as a rock with a little bit of shock absorbtion from the rubber spacers for those nasty NYC roads.

I'll take some pics of the finished job tomorrow and post up.

HeMan couldn't get the pins out of his triple, so his mount is a little different but still solid.

09 Triumph Daytona 675 - Rocket -
07 695 Custom Dark - Sold -

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat. ~Hunter S. Thompson
b.

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2009, 03:11:40 PM »

HeMan couldn't get the pins out of his triple, so his mount is a little different but still solid.

Hey Chchadder, so how did you get this pin out?  Will a pair of pliers do the trick?

And/or HeMan, since you weren't able to remove yours, can you elaborate a little on how you dealt with the situation?

TIA,
b.

2005 M620 | so*cal | terapia.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: