Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 06:58:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 S2R 100 Monster mods questions  (Read 7573 times)
eddyshore

« on: October 09, 2009, 06:47:30 PM »

Thanks in advance to everyone on here for there knowledge ....I just got my Ducati and reading here prior really made my purchase much easier. I have a bunch of questions so I will just list them and see what kind of responses I get.

1. What is the best website for finding parts for 2008 Ducati's

2. Which end bar mirrors are the best for rear vision and is there anywhere that sells the mirrors and mounting hardware together?

3. Can you ride a 2008 Ducati s2r 1000 around with no mufflers? So just disconnect the silencers from the utter, kind of like the ex-box .

4. How easy is it to install the clutch cover and colored pressure plate ?

5. How much do you chop off the two bars on  the frame that hold the beer shelf ?

Thanks in advance

James

I am one fart smella !!
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 07:34:01 PM »

Welcome. Pics please.  waytogo A round of drinks would be nice as well.  waytogo

<                                                                                                                                     ^^^^^^^
< Alot of parts can be found on our Sponsors websites. Also you can use the Search button for alot of info. Check Tech.
<

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 11:03:54 PM »

1. Sponsors + MonsterParts and PJ'sParts
2. CRG, Rizoma, Oberon, Napoleons
3. Yes, but read up on the consequences (lean condition? Loud! )
4. "Very" easy - Tutorials waytogo
5. Tutorials waytogo

.... and welcome here  chug

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
grandpa nate
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 07:37:34 PM »

do you really have a Ducati?  i dunna know...no pics and all ... Grin
Welcome to the family!

that is all
nothing follows
eddyshore

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 05:40:30 AM »

Its true I swear  laughingdp laughingdp Now time for some mods !!! Let me know what you think.

Thanks James  

Crappy phone pics but you get the idea

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 05:46:35 AM by eddyshore » Logged

I am one fart smella !!
grandpa nate
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 06:15:02 AM »

oooooh it is real.....
very nice ride man!!!  waytogo
tilt

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 11:23:37 AM »

you wouldnt happen to live in NW indiana, ive been seein that same bike riding around recently and there arent that many in my area
rockaduc

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 11:42:51 AM »

THose black wheels are ugly and don't match your bike.  Your first mod should be to trade those to me for my white wheels.

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
yotogi

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 02:58:57 PM »

+1 on upgrading to the faster white wheels. Although once you have them, you have to spend all your time cleaning them instead of riding.  But damn, do they look trick on the red/red.

jamanta
Tallest Monster rider in the world

Powered by pizza

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 06:36:23 AM »

+1 on upgrading to the faster white wheels. Although once you have them, you have to spend all your time cleaning them instead of riding.  But damn, do they look trick on the red/red.

Yeahhhh, i bought mine with the white wheels and at first I thought about powdercoating them black. After a while, it just looks awesome in white! it matches the red and the white stripe so much better! it is a pain in the butt to clean.... i just use armor all multi-purpose cleaner. that breaks down all the dirt and break dust and all you need is a wet sponge to wipe it off.

alexisonfire

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 02:10:50 PM »

Good looking S2R jamanta.  The following would really set it off:

-remove frame and swing arm stickers
-remove frame zip ties (this could turn into a fun wire re-run project)
-aftermarket turn signals (front and rear, possibly integrate rear into brake light)
-find a creative way to disguise the passenger rearset mounts (this is my next project)
-black rear spring

Are you taking notes Eddy?

You can live to 100 if you give up all the things that make you want to live to 100.

07 S2R 1000
jamanta
Tallest Monster rider in the world