DDA + 696?

(1/2) > >>

Danimal39:
Has anyone tried the DDA on their 696 yet? I got a DDA second hand, and while it appears that the bike can see it, I couldn't get it to write any data to it. Thinking it might be how I'm activating it, I've tried about every action sequence I can between the instrument panel and how/when I'm shutting the bike off. From what I can tell, the bike has no problems erasing the DDA, and activating the DDA seems to work from the instrument panel. I've also tried variations in how I start my laps (which does seem to work, with the brights switch) to no avail.

When I plug it to Windows, the DDA program launches and sees the dongle, but it happily tells me I need to go riding because the DDA is blank. This is also with the latest firmware/software from Prosa's support site.

That or maybe there's a version difference on the hardware? The DDA I have is from a 2008 1098S, which I presumed worked across the board as there is no indication that it wouldn't. If that's the case, I have a DDA to sell cheap.  :)

Then again, it could be me being dumb and not starting the activation/recording sequence correctly. Has anyone tried this? Thanks for any and all help!!

--
Danny

nkryptit:
I can't say for sure..But I think you have to click the lap switch (brights flasher) to get her to start recording.  Really just a guess, give it a try.

causeofkaos:
ha ha ha you said DONGLE  [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

causeofkaos:
but seriously... isnt the usb thingy under the seat the DDA ?
or is it just a diagnostics tool for a mechanic??

duclvr:
From the manual. Sounds like if you turn the key off it automatically turns the DDA off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page