Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 01:54:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK Who is on 2 Wheels  (Read 73849 times)
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 12:41:55 PM »

The front row parking kicks at Wally World as does the awning over the sidewalk here at work. [moto]

i had a walmart cop threaten me recently (while seated in his little securi-cart) when i parked up on the sidewalk, out of the way.  i parked there anyway of course, but the look on his face said he was going to "write me up" for it or something.  wtf, i'm trying to save parking for everyone else, douchebag.  why do people always seem to have sticks lodged up their asses when i want to park on sidewalk, in no one's way?  it's a win-win for everyone.

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
muskrat

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 12:45:40 PM »

i had a walmart cop threaten me recently (while seated in his little securi-cart) when i parked up on the sidewalk, out of the way.  i parked there anyway of course, but the look on his face said he was going to "write me up" for it or something.  wtf, i'm trying to save parking for everyone else, douchebag.  why do people always seem to have sticks lodged up their asses when i want to park on sidewalk, in no one's way?  it's a win-win for everyone.

a Dallas cop actually gave me a ticket......beware

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
RichD

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 01:00:52 PM »

a Dallas cop actually gave me a ticket......beware

A parking ticket is Waaaaaaaay cheaper than ONE CAR bumping into/tipping over your bike.

I parked on the sidewalk at the Grand Canyon.  $275.00
Not cheap, but if you'd seen the parking lot and the drivers in it that day, you'd pay the $275 too.
 waytogo

DFW-MFer!
muskrat

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 01:03:36 PM »

A parking ticket is Waaaaaaaay cheaper than ONE CAR bumping into/tipping over your bike.

Not cheap, but if you'd seen the parking lot and the drivers in it that day, you'd pay the $275 too.
 waytogo

I agree.  BUT if we are out of the way it pisses me off.
Of course, if we do it there will be those who abuse the priviledge and give us all a bum wrap.  bang head

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 01:04:44 PM »

waytogo

$275?  Jeeze!  I wonder if it would have been cheaper to park in handicapped parking?

• 2006 Ducati SportClassic 1000
  • 1978 Yamaha GT 80

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
greenohawk69

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 03:26:54 PM »

What kind of heated grips?  I want some bad

Those would be Hot Grips heated grips that I am installing.  I should have it hooked up this weekend.   

http://www.hotgrips.com

"An enlightened people, and an energetic public opinion... will control and enchain the aristocratic spirit of the government." --Thomas Jefferson to Chevalier de Ouis, 1814

There are 4 boxes to be used in the defense of liberty:  Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo.  Please use in this order.  -- Ed Howdershelt
greenohawk69

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 03:29:51 PM »

cold suppers are the worst.

rode to the doctor this AM...  very nice out.  will be at motopia later.  the best is the grocery run on two wheels.  it's a lot of fun when you shop hungry and you realize that you're in serious trouble backpack-wise.  i've had to balance cans of progresso on the tank/gauges....good times.  though the monster probably isn't very happy about that.

Bungee cords are your friends in this situation.  I have two red ones attached to my Monster most of the time.  Then I can strap just about anything down on the passenger seat (sold the seat cowl).  I've had bags hanging from each wrist and rode home.   laughingdp

"An enlightened people, and an energetic public opinion... will control and enchain the aristocratic spirit of the government." --Thomas Jefferson to Chevalier de Ouis, 1814

There are 4 boxes to be used in the defense of liberty:  Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo.  Please use in this order.  -- Ed Howdershelt
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2008, 03:35:12 PM »

Bungee cords are your friends in this situation.  I have two red ones attached to my Monster most of the time.  Then I can strap just about anything down on the passenger seat (sold the seat cowl).  I've had bags hanging from each wrist and rode home.   laughingdp

Let's not forget the king of carrying stuff on two wheels, and this was not a short trip for the dude either  bow down:

RED
carries my

'04 ST4s, '73 Triumph Bonneville 750 cafe

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2008, 05:49:46 PM »

I ride 20+ minutes to work every day,
but today I got a "Bonus"  I-20 west was shut down this morning... so got to detour through Everman for an extra 20!  waytogo

Bah!, The 14K is nothing to worry about.
If you can work a feeler gauge it isn't hard.
The price of the tools, if you do it yourself, the labor $$$ you save pays for them.
FREE TOOLS!!! 

You CAN do it!

So, meester Rich, are you saying that the German tools I have will be good enough to set my own valves? I'd really like to save myself $1200 and give some of that to Bryant's charity! Have wrenches will travel.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 05:57:16 PM by RED » Logged
RED
carries my

'04 ST4s, '73 Triumph Bonneville 750 cafe

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2008, 06:07:37 PM »

cold suppers are the worst.

rode to the doctor this AM...  very nice out.  will be at motopia later.  the best is the grocery run on two wheels.  it's a lot of fun when you shop hungry and you realize that you're in serious trouble backpack-wise.  i've had to balance cans of progresso on the tank/gauges....good times.  though the monster probably isn't very happy about that.

Couldn't think of a better reason to buy an ST4s!
never2loud
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2008, 07:06:25 PM »

Alan's been commuting on his ST quite a bit lately.  He's got the Triumph heated grips plus a TourMaster heated jacket.  I tried the jacket on the other day - made the thought of cruising around on a windy cold day bearable.  Out-the-door cost is under 175.00 bucks.  MotoLiberty has 'em as does Grif's in Lewisville.  The jacket has a three position rheostat; he says he's never had it above the middle position.

I think Scott's got the Gerbing equivalent.

Good stuff if you're out n' bout  waytogo  [moto]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:09:23 PM by Cher » Logged
TresGatos

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »

What do all these heated mods run on?  Grips on the moto battery, threads on a personal battery?

You guys got me thinking - again.

'65 Honda CM91 - '98 Suzuki DR650 - '08 695+mods - '08 Hypermotard 1100S
never2loud
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2008, 07:36:32 PM »

The jacket and grips run off of the bike's alternator and battery. 

The jacket plugs into a wire/socket that is left attached to the bike - the socket looks like the plug-in for a Battery Tender.  I bet someone around here has hooked up a Battery Tender SAE plug-in before...

I'm just sayin'  Grin

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:40:06 PM by Cher » Logged
Ronr

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »

I made an adapter from RadioShack parts so my cable off the battery can plug into the vest or the Tender.
Ronr

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2008, 08:31:05 AM »

Pretty chilly out there today. 30 degrees at my place when I left. 40 is normally as low as I go but I thought I'd put all my best gear on see how well it worked.

Fingers and toes were cold. I had good thick gloves with silk liners so looks like electricity is the only way to solve that problem. I need to get a balaclava big time. Will had a good one last night. Too much wind on the throat and inside the helmet.  My electrovest did really well, so with a few improvements I think I can handle below 40 pretty well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: