Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:38:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 129   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official DMF Bicycle Thread  (Read 415799 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #1770 on: January 28, 2018, 11:45:16 AM »

I am looking at Linskey and Litespeed . . .

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #1771 on: January 28, 2018, 12:03:29 PM »

I’d be looking at Seven, as you can go full custom for the same price as off the rack.

That would give me Fourteen. Grin

I love my Seven. 

A Seven would still be about the same as the Mosaic.  I like the Mosaic because it is local.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1772 on: January 28, 2018, 12:08:39 PM »

Yep, roughly same price.  Can you get custom geometry at that price from Mosaic?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1773 on: January 28, 2018, 12:13:18 PM »

And for what it's worth, I also love my Seven

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #1774 on: January 28, 2018, 12:39:55 PM »

Yep, roughly same price.  Can you get custom geometry at that price from Mosaic?

Yes.  Full custom.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #1775 on: January 28, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »

Was just looking at Moots now . . .

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #1776 on: January 28, 2018, 01:23:25 PM »

Got on the roadie for the first time in a long time today.

Need to do that more often.

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #1777 on: January 28, 2018, 01:31:59 PM »

Got on the roadie for the first time in a long time today.

Need to do that more often.

Warm enough here to do that...  just a bit breezy.

Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #1778 on: January 28, 2018, 03:55:09 PM »

Warm enough here to do that...  just a bit breezy.

Usually able to ride all year in Denver.

d3vi@nt

« Reply #1779 on: January 29, 2018, 07:50:54 PM »

Ben Serotta is back. Interestingly, steel and 6069 alloy are his material choices this time around.

https://www.serottadesignstudio.com

Interesting interview here: http://www.velonews.com/2018/01/news/qa-dont-call-it-a-comeback-ben-serottas-been-here-all-along_454725
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:54:01 PM by d3vi@nt » Logged

'13 MTS GT
'99 ST2
'07 M695 - Sold
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1780 on: June 09, 2018, 10:54:15 PM »

At 9:25 when they’re talking to the old dude is classic.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 11:06:57 PM by kopfjäger » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1781 on: June 11, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #1782 on: June 12, 2018, 02:07:43 AM »

And for what it's worth, I also love my Seven

What model is yours? Axiom S? That is the model that fit budget the best with Campagnolo Chorus . . . Mosaic RT2 has the closest geometry to Scott Addict size 49, that is almost my perfect fit; have not been able to see Seven's geometry in webpage .. .. Not considering MOOTS anymore, something did not fully "filled" my eyes . . . so now race is between Mosaic RT2 and Seven Axiom S

Carlos
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1783 on: June 12, 2018, 05:27:55 AM »

What model is yours? Axiom S? That is the model that fit budget the best with Campagnolo Chorus . . . Mosaic RT2 has the closest geometry to Scott Addict size 49, that is almost my perfect fit; have not been able to see Seven's geometry in webpage .. .. Not considering MOOTS anymore, something did not fully "filled" my eyes . . . so now race is between Mosaic RT2 and Seven Axiom S

Mine is an older Id8, which is currently called the 622S. I’ve had this bike for twelve years, and it’s been built up with a variety of different builds. Currently running mostly Record with a Super Record crank/BB.

You won’t find much in the way of Seven’s stock geometry, as custom is their thing. There’s no additional charge to go custom with them (other than a good fit session), so why stick with stock?

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #1784 on: June 12, 2018, 06:56:34 AM »

Mine is an older Id8, which is currently called the 622S. I’ve had this bike for twelve years, and it’s been built up with a variety of different builds. Currently running mostly Record with a Super Record crank/BB.

You won’t find much in the way of Seven’s stock geometry, as custom is their thing. There’s no additional charge to go custom with them (other than a good fit session), so why stick with stock?
'll give them a call, the only two bikes I am liking are the Seven Axiom S and the Mosaic RT2

BTW, I only use Campagnolo, on my current Scott Speedster 60 and whichever the next one is, it WILL BE Campagnolo . .  for MTB thinking bout SRam

Carlos
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 129   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: