Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 06, 2024, 01:01:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Install bar ends and CRG mirrors on 696 (step-by-step w/ pics)  (Read 16953 times)

« on: November 11, 2008, 12:26:44 PM »

Here's another super easy install you can knock out in a few minutes. I got a few requests for the write-up so here it is.

Rhinomoto CRG mount bar ends w/ CRG Hindsight LS mirrors on the 696..

Tools:
4mm allen wrench
5mm allen wrench
thin flat head screwdriver

Note: Procedure is the same for both sides. I only highlighted one side to save time.

Step 1.
Gather tools

Step 2.
Remove the stock bar end. It's basically a press fitted cap. Take your screw driver and carefully squeeze it between the handlebar itself and the black cap. Carefully twist the screwdriver to pry the cap away from the bar. Work your way around the circumference of the bar. When enough is pulled out, you can pull the rest out by hand. You might want to wrap a rag around it to help with your grip. This might take a wee bit of effort. This is the "hardest" part of the install. 

Step 3.
Now you need to install the bar end. The Rhinomoto bar end has an expansion plug and presses against the inside of your bar when you tighten down on the 5mm screw. I bought the Rhinomoto bar end size that ranges from .625"-.675".
When you first place it in the handlebar it will be really loose like it's oversized. Hold the bar end with one hand while you tighten with the other. It'll get tight and begin to stay in place. Keep on turning until it gets super tight and the bar end doesn't spin around the handlebar. You can test it by grabbing the bar end with your hand and trying to turn it. If it still spins, it's not tight enough.

Step 4.
Get your CRG Hindsight LS mirrors situated for either the left or right side. The mirror is held into place by two halves secured with two 4mm screws in a ball-and-socket configuration. If you want to switch the mirror to either side, separate the two halves and flip the mirror around and re-clamp. Piece of cake.

Step 5.
Put the mirror onto the slot on the bar end. Separate the two halves of the mirror mount and place them around the bar end. Hold onto the clamps with your fingers and thread the screws in. Secure them and adjust the mirror to your liking. Simple.

Step 6.
DONE! Enjoy a cold one if you drink but don't drink and ride.  chug

« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 01:18:19 PM by 1313 » Logged

09 M696

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 01:18:53 PM »

Cool Write-up completed.

09 M696
StandTall

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 01:27:26 PM »

Outstanding! Drinks on me![drink]
jandie

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 01:29:36 PM »

Cool Write-up completed.

Dood ...!!! bow down bow down Thanks again!

09 Monster 696 (Pearl White): CF Termi, Rizoma Lux Grips, Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors, Pazzo Levers, CW Fender Eliminator, White Reflective Rim Tape, <more to come soon>

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 01:44:03 PM »

Dood ...!!! bow down bow down Thanks again!

No prob. I'm on vacation so I have plenty of time.  [moto]

09 M696
duclvr

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 02:57:45 PM »

Nice, Thanks!
Roy

M696

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 06:09:14 PM »

Thanks for the instructions...I just finished installing my blindsight mirrors and rhinomoto bar ends.   waytogo
mnstr696

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 09:22:53 AM »

Thanks again for doing this write up.  I just installed a pair of CRG Hindsight LS mirrors along with the Rhinomoto bar ends.  Your walk through made it a breeze.   chug
Paegelow

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 07:07:17 AM »

I also did this the other day.  Looks awesome, and the mirrors work so much better than the  stock ones.  I love it!  chug
zedsaid

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 02:07:14 PM »

Thanks, i was trying to figure out how to get the caps out of the end of the bar without ruining them... your post made me not care...

had to work a bit to get the screwdriver in, (had to start it with a knife, in fact). but once i got it started, the rest was easy peasy.

Red 696- You can call her Isabella.
JasonV

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 03:37:11 PM »

Just did this and installed CRG Hindsight LS's.  Piece of cake!!!!  Hardest part was actually taking off the old mirrors as I think they had some loc tight on them.  Getting off the caps was easy.

Bike looks sooooooo much better now!!!  Great upgrade and modification

2009 696 Monster, CF Termi's, Hindsight LS CRG's, (yes that's it, have a lot of catching up to you guys...)
whatsup

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 02:05:11 PM »

Inverse question please.  How do you actually uninstall the barends?

Thank in advance.

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 02:12:44 PM »

Reverse of the install. Unscrew the allen screw and the expansion plug will get smaller. You'll probably have to wiggle a bit and pull it off the handlebar.

09 M696
whatsup

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 02:30:50 PM »

That's what I was thinking but it's not loosening up when I do that.

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 02:40:54 PM »

That's what I was thinking but it's not loosening up when I do that.

Loosen the bolt as much as it will go. You're going to have to tug and wiggle. A little elbow grease won't hurt.

09 M696
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: