Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 06:18:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11/14-16 Moto Show Dallas Conv. center  (Read 7911 times)
muskrat

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2008, 04:09:05 PM »

Look what I got to throw a leg over at the show   Grin

nice, they had a DO NOT sit while I was there  bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head
I know what my next bike is so when you upgrade I'll buy yours ok......for say $5k  cheeky

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
fastwin
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2008, 04:24:57 PM »

Nothing at the show really rocked my boat. Honestly I think the Ft. Worth show has been better. It certainly has had a much better vintage bike display. Last year they had a really cool vintage MX bike display! There were a lot of cool old restored MX bikes for old farts to gaulk at. Hmmm, I had that one, one of those, almost bought one of those, wrecked that one!!! Fun stuff. waytogo At least RPM was at the show with Triumphs, there were none at last year's FW show. I figured there might have been a Streetfighter or Bayliss 1098R in the Duc spot since they have already made their official outing at Milan. Derek said all of the AMS Balyliss bikes would have his signature on them. Ahhh, shouldn't he be signing all 500 of them? Like what else does he have to do? He's retired. laughingdp Tried to find a B-King to show my friend how butt ugly they are. Maybe they traumatized so many small children last year that Suzook either dropped them or hid them in the back. The KTM RC8 looks interesting but the mag articles are right. Shouldn't a $20K sportbike have matching body panels? Some are flat orange and some are glossy. Tongue I think they will have a hard time getting smaller KTM dirt bike shops to carry Super Dukes and RC8's, spare parts, and the tech training and tools to service the road bikes. Big difference in jetting a dirt bike and degreeing cams and dyno tuning a SBK. Kinda like taking your 1098R to the local lawnmower shop to have them fine tune the ECU. That will be a business hurdle for sure. I wish them luck in this economy.
muskrat

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2008, 04:44:36 PM »

Nothing at the show really rocked my boat. Honestly I think the Ft. Worth show has been better. It certainly has had a much better vintage bike display. Last year they had a really cool vintage MX bike display! There were a lot of cool old restored MX bikes for old farts to gaulk at. Hmmm, I had that one, one of those, almost bought one of those, wrecked that one!!! Fun stuff. waytogo At least RPM was at the show with Triumphs, there were none at last year's FW show. I figured there might have been a Streetfighter or Bayliss 1098R in the Duc spot since they have already made their official outing at Milan. Derek said all of the AMS Balyliss bikes would have his signature on them. Ahhh, shouldn't he be signing all 500 of them? Like what else does he have to do? He's retired. laughingdp Tried to find a B-King to show my friend how butt ugly they are. Maybe they traumatized so many small children last year that Suzook either dropped them or hid them in the back. The KTM RC8 looks interesting but the mag articles are right. Shouldn't a $20K sportbike have matching body panels? Some are flat orange and some are glossy. Tongue I think they will have a hard time getting smaller KTM dirt bike shops to carry Super Dukes and RC8's, spare parts, and the tech training and tools to service the road bikes. Big difference in jetting a dirt bike and degreeing cams and dyno tuning a SBK. Kinda like taking your 1098R to the local lawnmower shop to have them fine tune the ECU. That will be a business hurdle for sure. I wish them luck in this economy.

I would agree with Fort Worth's show being better.  It's a shame I couldn't see the Streetfighter but the KTM booth sure got my blood to stir.  Maybe it's the orange. I will say my day ended with a smile though, stopped to ride the Motard.............FUN FUN FUN.......and Elizabeth made it down and back on her own two wheels straight down the NTTA Auto Speedway.

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
fastwin
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2008, 04:57:45 PM »

Good seeing you Dax at the KTM booth. Was in deep conversation with the KTM guy, didn't notice you standing there. Sorry I had to run off, my friend wandered off while a railed on with the KTM staff and didn't want him to feel abandoned.
Giannis
Bad Brains

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2008, 05:22:54 PM »

why what did they do to it? Huh?

lowered, 320 rear tire like an ugly chopper from OCC, ugly straight pipes like a chopper, it has a cool paintjob but nothing else to be  desired!

Billy: We did it, man. We did it, we did it. We're rich, man. We're retirin' in Florida now, mister....
Captain America: You know Billy, we blew it....
www.speedjunkies.gr
muskrat

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2008, 06:14:35 PM »

Good seeing you Dax at the KTM booth. Was in deep conversation with the KTM guy, didn't notice you standing there. Sorry I had to run off, my friend wandered off while a railed on with the KTM staff and didn't want him to feel abandoned.

ditto and not to worry because if it's the wife or bikes you are always excused. waytogo

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
pipeliner1978
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2008, 08:02:02 PM »

We couldnt make it to this  Sad 
thats okay - need to get to know the M600 better anyway   Tongue
hmmm ... but Jim could find something new and I could take over the SC   Evil
bang head   I wish we could have gone!

Grin but really I'm just glad I didnt have to work today

I know what he needs........

I got one for sale..........

Evil
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2008, 08:05:45 PM »

Enjoyed the show today. It was great to get out! Great brekkers w/ WiWa & Malyn at Buzzbrew on Lemmon.
Saw Dax & E, & some 59ers at the show. Somehow I missed Fastwin...
Great weather, & good to be up on 2 wheels waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
fastwin
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2008, 06:09:51 AM »

Greg and I hit it as it opened and split about noon to noon thirty. We grabbed some lunch and he had to get home to his wife. She had chemo Friday and he had to leave her most of Saturday to taxi the kids around all day. So Sunday was his time for her. Just glad she let him out for a few hours to hang with me. She's a brave one! waytogo
webspoke

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2008, 08:19:13 AM »

One cool thing at the show saturday afternoon was what seemed like a 45min long session at the Buell display onbasic suspension setup.  The worked on changing fork/shock settings, setting sag, and let the audience jump in and work on one of the 1125 CRs.  Lots of dealer/vendor guys from the other brands (even the Ducati crew) were there watching.

The RSD hyper was a little over the top, but I did like the lowered stance and overall uncluttered look of it, gives me lots of ideas.  Spent a lot of time comparing the ergo's on the current crop of middleweight and open class sportbikes, for Su, was surprised at how low rent the Honda hardware looked (upper triple, forks etc) Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawi looked much nicer.  Surprising how comfy the Buell 1125R was, just gotta get used to that giant fairing.

Hopefully there will be more exotic show/concept bikes next year.

Streetfighter 1098S
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: