Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 05:58:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sourcing tires in GTA (continued from TOB)  (Read 4017 times)
echelon
« on: May 09, 2008, 06:58:47 PM »

Continuing thread from TOB....

I got the new tires today.  Thanks to Napalm (Bert) for pointing me to Rev. 
After speaking with Jeff I went with the Metzlers (first time with them) and I will see how they work.
eyeboy

some say, he eats raw bacon for breakfast...

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 07:33:21 AM »

Continuing thread from TOB....

I got the new tires today.  Thanks to Napalm (Bert) for pointing me to Rev. 
After speaking with Jeff I went with the Metzlers (first time with them) and I will see how they work.

i'm due for some soon, i had the stock tires for a year, then put on pilot powers... picked up a nasty screw on my way to Montreal (I blame Ottawa!) the rear is a dual compound and its getting a bit squared off from a ton of long distance rides (montreal, NYC) while the front looks new. I liked the stockers (pirelli's?) and would go back, let me know how the metzelers work... i am a REV customer also

Obfuscate! Obfuscate!

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room.

There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man.  The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self. And in bacon. 
echelon
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 09:08:44 AM »

I got the Metzeler Roadtec Z6. 

So far I've put about 2,000 kms on them in mostly dry (with some wet), regular city riding and they've handled perfectly.

I ride pretty calmly (no intentional knee dragging) and I keep off the last inch on each side so I am not really asking much from the tires.  To be honest probably any tire would work for me.  My main decision point is on the number of miles I can get out of them.  It its hugely inconvenient for me to get the tires changed (I have to bring and leave my bike at a dealer) so I am hoping they will give me a lot of road miles.

eyeboy

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 11:31:26 AM »

I got the Metzeler Roadtec Z6. 
I ride pretty calmly (no intentional knee dragging) and I keep off the last inch on each side so I am not really asking much from the tires.  To be honest probably any tire would work for me.  My main decision point is on the number of miles I can get out of them. 

sounds about like me... i scrub my tires as far to the edge as i can in a parking lot just in case i ever need to get that far over, but otherwise i'm pretty calm. pretty calm...

what did they run you installed?

Obfuscate! Obfuscate!

There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man.  The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self. And in bacon. 
echelon
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 05:43:01 PM »

Front $176.76
Rear $230.31
Labor $90.00
Total including GST/PST  $561.69

eyeboy

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 06:43:55 AM »

Front $176.76
Rear $230.31
Labor $90.00
Total including GST/PST  $561.69

thanks!

Obfuscate! Obfuscate!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: