Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 04:22:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official S4 Fogarty thread: please post if you own a Foggy or have input  (Read 131045 times)
hydra

life is analog...

« on: May 09, 2008, 06:38:07 PM »

hey guys,

i just bought my first ducati....an S4 Fogarty. i am really, really loving this bike. i thought it might be cool to start a thread specifically about the Foggy's and i wonder just how many will turn up on this forum.

i'm curious if anyone's done any cosmetic and/or performance mods? i like everything about this bike but right away i know i want to change the mirrors and the seat. i don't know about anyone else but the red on the tank is not the same red that's on the seat. i like the 2 tone look but the shades are different but i guess that's from 6 years of fading. and it's not the most comfortable on +200mi trips.

so it seems that the Foggy model is the only monster that came standard with clip ons. i tried to put the CRG bar end mirrors on they don't have an adapter to fit them onto the bar ends...bummer. anyone have a solution or know of another company?

as far as performance: i think the engine is amazing and the top end is awesome. i could use a bit more low end but i'm not going to lose sleep over it. right now i'll probably keep the engine stock but i'm open to suggestions. i don't know anything about ducati's so if anyone wants to school me, go right ahead.

oh yeah, i'm going to get the chop kit next week. i think it will really look better.

please post a pic of your bike (if you care to) especially if you've done some mods. and tell us where you live and what number your bike is and anything else you want to say. this can sort of be an owner's list.   Grin

EDIT: i'm living in Los Angeles area at the moment and i just moved from NYC a couple months ago.

i have #252 with just about 18k mi and she's all stock...at the moment.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:58:32 AM by hydra » Logged

S4 Foggy- tires, battery...
'04 BMW Boxer Cup Replika (R1100S)
BE WATER
Magnus

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 06:55:33 PM »

excellent...  a foggy thread.  congratulations on the foggy, looks like an ultra clean specimen you've got there.  here's a pic of mine, which has extensive mods...  i picked it up as a salvage, so it was a good reason to make some changes. many foggy owners keep them stock or close to stock since it's a limited edition bike, but if you want to change something, just do it.

i didn't like the seat either, the color or the comfort.  went with a ducati performance gel seat which looks good and is much more comfortable.

good luck with the bike!

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:52:37 PM by Magnus » Logged

'02 MS4 Black Fog
surfs1st
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 06:56:43 PM »

#196, but not so much stock anymore.  It took me forever to get around to modding things, it just felt wrong. . . . . but I got over it.  Grin

hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 07:01:38 PM »

excellent...  a foggy thread.  congratulations on the foggy, looks like an ultra clean specimen you've got there.  here's a pic of mine, which has extensive mods...  i picked it up as a salvage, so it was a good reason to make some changes. many foggy owners keep them stock or close to stock since it's a limited edition bike, but if you want to change something, just do it.
i didn't like the seat either, the color or the comfort.  went with a ducati performance gel seat which looks good and is much more comfortable.
good luck with the bike!

that's really awesome magnus and thanks for posting! please elaborate on your mods and please post more pics if you have any...and i'm sure you do. that thing looks rugged  wt:

BTW what number do you have?

BE WATER
hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 07:07:50 PM »

#196, but not so much stock anymore.  It took me forever to get around to modding things, it just felt wrong. . . . . but I got over it.  Grin
hey surfs1st, thanks for chiming in....where's your pic? and what kind things have you done? yeah, i always end up modding things eventually...why not right?

BE WATER
surfs1st
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 07:18:45 PM »

The computer I'm on doesn't have any of my pictures on it, I'll post them up when I get a chance.  As far as the modding not feeling right, it's like Magnus said, the whole limited edition thing. 

hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »

cool, looking forward to the pics. yeah, i know i'm having a bit of a tug of war with myself at the moment. i have time though, i've got a lot of researching to do...

BE WATER
hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 09:12:30 AM »

there can't be only the 3 of us with Foggy's on this board???

BE WATER
surfs1st
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 01:43:02 PM »

there can't be only the 3 of us with Foggy's on this board???

Actually, that's probably about right.  Only 300 made, minus however many have been wrecked or parted out divided by 1154 members (and growing  Grin).  Should be a fairly low percentage, which makes us special  Grin
Sgt_H

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 02:22:39 PM »

For the Ducati noob, what is the story with Foggy Monsters? 

Sgt_H
Banned
hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 06:55:32 PM »

Actually, that's probably about right.  Only 300 made, minus however many have been wrecked or parted out divided by 1154 members (and growing  Grin).  Should be a fairly low percentage, which makes us special  Grin

well i thought i'd see a few more chime in...like 6 or so. Tongue
do you know if the production run was 300 total worldwide or 300 just for the US?
and it was made only for a year, right?
do you know if we got different cams than the non- Foggy S4's?

BE WATER
duc996

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 11:05:14 PM »

good luck with the bike!

Sharp looking foggy you got there,i really dig it. waytogo

"All we ask is to be let alone"
       "Monster S4r"
       "KTM SMC 690"
surfs1st
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 08:46:11 AM »

well i thought i'd see a few more chime in...like 6 or so. Tongue
do you know if the production run was 300 total worldwide or 300 just for the US?
and it was made only for a year, right?
do you know if we got different cams than the non- Foggy S4's?

It was 300 total world wide, and production was by special order until the 300 were gone.  I've got a link somewhere to the original Ducati website giving all the information about S4 Foggy, I'll see if I can dig it up.  I'll post some pictures today too, as soon as I'm back from riding  Grin, first nice weekend we've had in the Bay Area in a while.

[url]http://www.ducati.com/my2002/ducatiModel.jhtml?modelName=S4Fogarty[url]

« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 07:16:32 PM by surfs1st » Logged
hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 08:19:20 PM »

For the Ducati noob, what is the story with Foggy Monsters? 

hey Sgt,

sorry for the late reply. here's a little info from http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/mduc1.htm

Ducati pays homage to one of racing's greats
By GARY MORELL0

Carl Fogarty is one of Britains most loved sons. Motorcycling in Europe and the UK in particular is absolutely huge and when someone like Foggy retires, tears well in the eyes of all but the most cold-hearted biker.

Foggy won four World Superbike Championships during his career, plus three Isle of Man races. He is Ducati's Michael Schumacher, only he look meaner...

In 2000 his career was ended after he ditched his bike during a race - he retired. Ducati has decided to give the racing champion a farewell worthy of his long career with Ducati and his amazing skill as a rider - enter the S4 Fogarty.

The new Ducati S4 Fogarty looks a little like the new Monster series, with a few cosmetic tweeks, a new coat of paint and it appears as though someone has been tooling around the engine, too.

Ducati took the new S4 Monster and started with the looks. The new bike has seen a few new additions, such as the new-look tank, front and rear mudguards, the rear seat cover and footrest plates, a new non-slip twin-colour saddle and nose fairing. The exhaust pipes have also been raised to increase ground clearance but they also give the rear-end a more sporting look, too.

There's plenty of carbon fibre on this Duke and the result is a pleasing 197kg dry weight - not bad for a big 916cc V-twin.

Peak power is 110bhp @ 9750 rpm with all the race extras, like airbox, carbon fibre oval pipes and a new injection control unit. Also, a new component specifically designed for the S4 has been included in the form of two air scoops. These ensure perfectly balanced airflow to the radiator.

The engine is a twin-cylinder, 4-valve desmodromic, liquid cooled block. Mated to a six-speed transmission, the S4 Fogarty has a maximum torque reading of 92Nm @ 7000rpm, which is more than enough poke to loft the front wheel without even thinking about it.

As per most Ducati's, the frame is of the tubular steel trellis variety.    

The front forks are Showa upside-down 43mm fully-adjustable jobbies, while at the rear a Sachs progressive linkage monoshock, also fully adjustable, will help keep the bumps to a minimum.

A steering damper will also help with speed wobbles and tank slappers. The brake setup consists of twin 320mm discs up front, with 4-piston calipers. The single rear disc a is 245mm effort, with 2-piston calipers.

Fuel capacity is a rather lame 16.5 litres, but if you can afford one of these babies, you would expect a support truck not far off...

The new limited edition S4 Fogarty is a very funky piece of kit. So funky, in fact, that only 300 of them will be built this year. Each one has a numbered plaque on the tank plus unique Foggy stickers.

The combination of sheer V-twin power, the superlative brakes, impressive suspension and naked visage all combine to provide a very tasty package.

Ducati has previously employed it's online method of sales to the Cafe Racer Duke (aka MH900e), and all of them were snapped up very quickly.

As such, the only way to get one of these amazing feats of Italian engineering is to hop on to the Ducati website and lay down $850 just to reserve one. Then, if you succed in getting one of the 300 on offer, prepare to plonk down a cool $30,000 (€18,000). The new Ducati S4 Fogary is very sexy, very fast and very exclusive. Get one if you can!

BE WATER
johnster

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 05:13:03 AM »

My S4 is "Foggy-ish".... cheeky

-It has most of the same mods as a Foggy, except for the paint-job.....Same exhaust, same CF parts (except mine are paint-matched red)....I love the Foggy's paint job, moreso, I would argue, than even the Tricolore.... waytogo

-I'm trying to think if there's anything, besides the paint, that the Foggy comes with that my '01 doesn't have....CF clutch cover I guess...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 05:15:05 AM by Johnster » Logged

2001 MS4; Full Termi w/airbox, ECU, SPS cams, CycleCat ClipOn Adapters, Apex clip-ons, CRG's, MW open clutch, Sargent Saddle, CF aplenty.. NOT RIDEABLE FOR A LONG TIME DUE TO MY STUPID LACK OF JUDGEMENT!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: