Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:23:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cats of the DMF  (Read 215403 times)
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #840 on: September 30, 2021, 04:10:02 AM »

Forgot about this thread....

I lost my buddy Lucy in June. It was a tough one, since he was 17. He was my shadow and constant companion and is missed terribly, a one of a kind animal.

But I'm thankful there are still the other two, even though they're more typical cats.

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #841 on: September 30, 2021, 04:28:57 AM »

What a great kitty!

I have one that's almost 22 and still going strong, somehow. I've had him for 20 years and I know his time must limited. I've never had a cat live this long.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #842 on: September 30, 2021, 04:39:57 AM »

What a great kitty!

I have one that's almost 22 and still going strong, somehow. I've had him for 20 years and I know his time must limited. I've never had a cat live this long.

That's awesome. I had hoped Lucy might be one of those rare ones that go 20+ but it was not to be, unfortunately.

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #843 on: September 30, 2021, 04:43:11 AM »

It's cute when they sit with their paws crossed like that. Lucy looks like he was pretty cool. Sorry to hear that he's passed.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #844 on: September 30, 2021, 05:19:51 AM »

Thanks. Lucy was a dude, for sure.

Blackout

« Reply #845 on: September 30, 2021, 02:02:39 PM »

Good looking boy. RIP Lucy.

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #846 on: September 30, 2021, 08:00:45 PM »

Sorry to hear about Lucy.
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #847 on: October 01, 2021, 04:32:42 AM »

Portu-Gal & I lost our calico in January.  Scribble was a few weeks shy of 20 years old.  So caring, funny & loving.

We miss her greatly.  Maybe in a year or so, we’ll welcome a Portu-Gato…

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #848 on: October 01, 2021, 07:26:19 AM »

Sorry to hear about Scribble. I know the feeling, man.

Here's a pic of the two that still terrorize the house. Karma is on the step, Velcro is on the floor.

Karma and Lucy were super tight, and I could tell his absence affected her for weeks. The odd thing is she has become more personable now that he is gone, and she never was before. She's taken his spot in bed and chatters quite a bit.

Velcro is three now, still a runt, and as spastic as ever.

triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #849 on: October 02, 2021, 09:59:12 AM »

Thanks. Lucy was a dude, for sure.

And a pretty regal one at that. Sorry to hear he's gone.

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #850 on: October 05, 2021, 05:58:56 AM »

Sorry to learn about the loss ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #851 on: October 06, 2021, 07:40:09 AM »

Thanks, peeps.

Two things I miss most about Lucy was the morning wake up and the greetings after work. As far as the former, he would lightly headbutt me and proceed to lick my forehead around 5AM, like clockwork; I'm convinced he hated the sound of the alarm clock (5:30 set time) more than I did. The latter, he would be waiting for me to walk though the door every day, either sitting on my chair at the dining room table or next to it, and then proceed to chatter and howl loudly (drove the wife nuts) following me through the house.

So many strange mannerisms (for a cat), and he had a distinct vocabulary. I've had a lot of pets in my lifetime, but he was by far the smartest - I could go on and on. It make the beast with two backsing killed me to have to put him down, and he purred and licked my hand as he went.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #852 on: October 10, 2021, 02:41:28 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #853 on: October 11, 2021, 05:04:29 AM »

laughingdp What a badass!

Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #854 on: November 10, 2021, 08:43:29 AM »

Last Friday this little guy joined the herd to take the place of my buddy Lucy. He's got big shoes to fill, but things are looking promising already.

For the moment, his name is Tommy to align with one of my favorite Primus songs, Tommy the Cat. Since it's not terribly original, the name was meant to be temporary until something more fitting came along, but it seems to be sticking. Ah well, so be it.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: