Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:10:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: APFabrication  (Read 18037 times)
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« on: October 11, 2008, 12:22:31 PM »

Just stopping in and saying hi here on the mini-sponsor board.

I specialize in custom exhaust systems, chassis work, forced induction, and dyyno tuning.  Currently I'm concentrating on fab work only, as I no longer have a dyno facility nearby to utilize.

Sky is the limit on an exhaust, whatever you want, I can build.  Ti, stainless, inconel, etc..

I also have an EBAY store with lots of maintenance items on it, AMsoil filters, O-rings for fuel pumps, some frame plugs for SBK's and monster, and other assorted parts.

Ebay store : ]http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campid=5336105911&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fstores.ebay.com%2FD2XPerformance%3Frefid%3Dstore[ftp]][/ftp]]http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campid=5336105911&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fstores.ebay.com%2FD2XPerformance%3Frefid%3Dstore[ftp][/ftp]

From time to time I get in totalled bikes that I part out, and will offer these through my ebay store, although I can respond here or via email about a part you may need.  Currently the parts rack is pretty dry, usually the end of the month is when I recieve bikes.

In any case, glad to be part of this new board, and I hope to help spread some good knowledge, problem solve, and generally contribute to the growth of the ducati community.

Rgds,
Theo Aftonomos
TAftonomos@gmail.com

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:33:48 PM »

Welcome Theo...

Best of luck with your venture.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

TAftonomos

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:39:29 AM »

UPDATE:

S4RS/T "Kit" $87 including return shipping.  Add $60 for a core charge if I am supplying you with a bracket

$57 all other bikes.  I can cut the bracket to any length you specify, but I will leave it stock length unless told otherwise.  There are at least 3 different ways the gauges mount of different model bikes, and I do not have the resources to fit gauges to each individual bike.  Mounting the gauges below the triple will be up to YOU, the owner of the bike.   All I'm doing is rewelding the headlight brackets lower on the U Tube. 

I'm now offering a complete "kit" for lowering your gauges and headlight.  I've only modded them on S4R bikes 07+, so I'm not 100% sure it will work on the early model bikes.  I don't see why not, but again, until I have some sort of confirmation, it's proceed at your own risk.  The U brackets are all the same, so as long as the gauges are the same, and the triple tree is tapped all the way through, should be no problem.

Included in the kit:

One lowered headlight bracket.  TIG welded on a fixture to ensure that it's properly built. 
Pair of spacers for the gauge pod
Pair of Ti gauge mounting bolts

I'm working on getting some instructions written down, but it's all pretty straight forward.  Remove your stock bits, add these.

Price of the kit is $80, + a $60 core charge for the U bracket.  Right now I only have one core, but I'm expecting several more in the next week. 
Finish on the bracket is raw, it's up to you if you'ld like to have it powdercoated.  I painted mine, was cheap/simple/easy, however I'll be powdercoating it over the winter, just because the bike is "apart" for some more goodies.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:48:25 AM by TAftonomos » Logged

herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:06:46 AM »

sounds like a pretty good product.

maybe post some pics for the discerning christmas shoppers...

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
COWBOY

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 12:33:37 PM »

+1 pics of the part and pics of the part on a bike from different angles would help.  I've seen a number of guys do this and they've all been similar but different.

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
DucSteve

Hey Yo

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 12:56:21 PM »

Pics for sure. I'd love to lower my headlight, been aching to get some clipons but i have no fab skills to lower headlight myself.
DarkStaR

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 01:59:35 PM »

+4 Pics pls.

b.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 03:37:06 PM »

FYI, he's posted pics here:  http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=16517.msg288653#msg288653

2005 M620 | so*cal | terapia.
TAftonomos

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 08:26:29 AM »

Thanks B.  I kinda forgot to post them in this thread.   waytogo

wraith

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 04:13:11 PM »

I'm now offering a complete "kit" for lowering your gauges and headlight.  I've only modded them on S4R bikes 07+, so I'm not 100% sure it will work on the early model bikes.  I don't see why not, but again, until I have some sort of confirmation, it's proceed at your own risk.  The U brackets are all the same, so as long as the gauges are the same, and the triple tree is tapped all the way through, should be no problem.

Included in the kit:

One lowered headlight bracket.  TIG welded on a fixture to ensure that it's properly built. 
Pair of spacers for the gauge pod
Pair of Ti gauge mounting bolts

will you be shipping oversea's I am really interested!

I'm working on getting some instructions written down, but it's all pretty straight forward.  Remove your stock bits, add these.

Price of the kit is $80, + a $60 core charge for the U bracket.  Right now I only have one core, but I'm expecting several more in the next week. 
Finish on the bracket is raw, it's up to you if you'ld like to have it powdercoated.  I painted mine, was cheap/simple/easy, however I'll be powdercoating it over the winter, just because the bike is "apart" for some more goodies.

Once I have a sufficent core stock built up, I can offer them pre-powdercoated for an additional $15. 

Shipped is $15, but includes a return label for your core bracket.  All you would do is install this, and drop your bracket back into the box, securly affix the label, and drop it off at the post office.

I can also do them on a bracket/bracket basis, meaning you just send me your bracket, I'll mod it, and send it back with the nessicary items.

......... I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and I am what some people call mentally retarded.
KSmithInNY

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 12:49:50 PM »

Yo!!

Just PM'd you.  I need some work done.

Work smarter, not harder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: