Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 09:16:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A semi-official 696/796/1100 exhaust thread  (Read 476211 times)
GreasySnipe

« Reply #585 on: July 18, 2014, 09:02:27 AM »

Nice, I've been looking to replace my underseat exhaust. I've tried to get ahold of Motocreations for a set of Boomtubes but no joy on any feedback from them.

Don't know if any of y'all have seen this but it looks pretty damn good to me. Its a full system so I can't see why it wouldn't work for an evo. Its supposed to be pretty light too. Available from motowheels.

Le Germain

« Reply #586 on: September 07, 2014, 07:24:23 AM »

Hi,

What's the weight benefit when fitting the carbon Termignonis compared to the stock exhaust?

G
EEL

« Reply #587 on: March 16, 2015, 07:03:40 AM »

New exhaust for the 1100 EVO. Sounds awesome! Only a slip on but still very surprised with the quality. Havent seen a lot of people with this one.

SC Project GP-M2

david3558

« Reply #588 on: March 17, 2015, 12:10:40 PM »

I bought a used 696 with Termi's - how can I tell if it's been installed with the ECU/Filter? Sorry if this question doesn't really make sense.

At slow speeds 1st and 2nd gear, I'm hearing a little backfiring when letting off the throttle.

2009 M696
Termignoni CF Exhaust
MotoDynamics Integrated Taillight
Atomic Fender Eliminator
TACstrat

« Reply #589 on: March 17, 2015, 01:36:59 PM »

If am upgraded ECU was installed, I believe the word "racing" will scroll across when you first turn the ignition.  Hopefully someone can confirm that is correct.
EEL

« Reply #590 on: March 17, 2015, 01:47:05 PM »

The best way is the remove the tank skin and lift the tank (and the overflow/ vent hoses). You'll be able the see the DP ECU and reference it by product code.

If you pull the airbox lid, you'll be able to see the filter type. Stock filters have an orange ring and paper filter media. I cant comment on what the DP filter looks like since I have a K&N.

This may sound like a lot of work but its only about 30 minutes time.
SpikeC

Spike in PDX

« Reply #591 on: March 18, 2015, 06:23:34 PM »

I think that looking at the display is easiest. It will say if the kit is in there, it says Racing.

Spike Cornelius
  PDX
   2009 M1100S Assorted blingy odds and ends(now gone)
2008 Bimota DB5R  woo-Hoo!
   1965 T100SC
SteveO.

« Reply #592 on: March 19, 2015, 04:26:03 PM »

Just got mine back and had the Leo Vince slip ons tucked up and in against the bottom of the seat.  Looks a lot better than it did, and sounds great.  Too loud without the baffles in, so I'll probably install them soon. Pretty happy with the new look.

Before and after:

From the back:

zLoki

Why yes, it is dangerous

« Reply #593 on: March 19, 2015, 07:21:02 PM »

Looks great, share some details on what / how you had it done.  I have termis and this looks like a great next mod.

Mostly stock '12 796
Sold - '09 696 with 30,000 miles
SteveO.

« Reply #594 on: March 20, 2015, 06:06:15 AM »

Looks great, share some details on what / how you had it done.  I have termis and this looks like a great next mod.

I took it to a small, custom welding shop that does mostly high end cars, but dabbles in bikes and explained that I wanted the exhaust valve removed and the Leo Vince cans tucked up and in.  He did an amazing job cleaning it up and I'm really happy with the look.  I haven't ridden it yet as the roads are still covered with winter salt and gravel, but I can tell you it's ridiculously loud and shoots the occasional fire ball out the back when I blip the throttle.  I'm going to put the db killers back in and hope it quiets down a bunch, and go from there.  I also have a Duc ee valve eliminator on the way so I can completely remove the motor.  Right now, the cable is off and the entire valve assembly and y pipe was removed and I haven't seen a CEL light, but we'll see how that goes.

It's definitely "snappier" in sound and has better throttle response, but I do need to address the noise issue before I can ride it. 
turboz32

« Reply #595 on: January 07, 2016, 08:39:56 PM »

Not sure if this is mentioned as Ive seen a few posts about the SC Project Exhausts.

I wanted a GP style exhaust to eliminate the "moped" skinny tire/huge cans look I really disliked about the 696. (especially sitting next to my brother's R1) After a 2 month wait for a Spark exhaust that never showed I found that SC Project offered a low exit MotoGP style kit for the 796.  After speaking with G-Force out of Thailand they assured me that the 796 GP kit bolts up to the 696 without issue and sure enough they weren't kidding.  Bolts up with no issue*

*Okay there is a very minor issue and its that the O2 sensor out of the rear (top?) head interferes with the rear brake line.  I went to the local auto parts store, grabbed a Ti exhaust wrap and heat resistant sleeve and wrapped the pipe and sleeved the sensor et voila! no more issues.  Fits like a glove.  That stock system is a PITA to remove without removing the tank.

Pros:

Gets rid of the moped look
Loud as all hell
"can" is removable so you could probably switch to another slip on if you wanted to
Ti pipes turn a freakishly cool Blue color after heating up
Cleans up the back of the bike tremendously

Cons:

No Db Killer
Loud as all hell
Will require some sort of fuel modification or ECU flash (z-Fi, Rexxer, etc...)
O2 sensor on the mid pipe is kind of unsightly sticking up just in front of the rear brake lever/pedal (which is removable with the Rexxer Ive been told)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 09:09:21 PM by turboz32 » Logged
mr_wolf

« Reply #596 on: November 25, 2016, 02:28:21 AM »

Mine.. keeps some distance in the pipes to maximize the power curve through the RPM range. Sounds good without a baffle, loud enough but not obnoxious douchebag type loud.

Sammadams

« Reply #597 on: December 05, 2016, 04:34:47 PM »

Hello everyone, I've just joined the forum today, and my goal is to try and identify exactly what model of Leo Vince I am in possession of. Before anyone asks, NO I did not steal them, they were on the 2012 Ducati 696 that I bought on craigslist, which I have since totaled. So I am now trying to identify them to find out exactly how much they are worth, and I'm having trouble.

All I know is that they are some kind of SBK, which is all it says on the actual cans. So if anyone has seen these particular exhausts before, please, I am begging for any more information! Thanks in advance fellas

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #598 on: December 05, 2016, 11:28:54 PM »

Leo Vince constantly updates their products.  SBK is an older model if I remember correctly.  You could try sending a photo to  infousa@leovince.com  I wouldn't worry much as long as I am sure of fitment.  They do make great exhaust.  A fair price compared to any quality brand and they should move quickly.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:47:30 AM by howie » Logged
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #599 on: December 06, 2016, 06:31:28 AM »

Nice looking exhaust... how did they sound on the 696?  Leos are on the short list for my 796... 

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: