Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 04:43:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

CA-Cycleworks

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultimate bike hauler  (Read 5578 times)
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« on: September 23, 2008, 04:55:09 PM »

Chris posted this in Misc. but I wanted more folks to see it.  Please contact him with questions.

Hey Everyone,

I've got a 2000 Ford van with a number of very effective mods for bike enthusiasts.

Bluebook is around $7000; I'm wanting $6000.

Why: I stumbled across another van at too low of a price to pass up. It's something of a beater, but it has less miles and is a great "shop" van. The 2000 Ford is still very good looking and not something I can just "throw parts into". And when I say good looking, I mean it's better than most 2006 models currently on the market.

Some Specs:
  • 5.4L Triton SOHC V8
  • Chateau trim package, which includes Ford's towing package, capt's chairs, limited slip rear diff, 2 tone paint, and the XLT upgraded trim (bumpers, wheels, interior). Cruise control, power locks and windows, front and rear AC
  • Ford stereo replaced with a new Sony purchased for the sale. It has headphone in jack, does mp3 cds, and is HD and XM ready.
  • 106,000 miles
  • 30 gallon tank: in town, it gets minimum 300 miles & on the highway, it goes a minimum of 400 miles.

Motorcycle friendly extras:
  • has a custom powder coated steel deck on the floor with tiedown points to haul 2 bikes inside the van. Can seat 4 people with 2 bikes in the van!
  • has air-lift rear suspension assist so the van doesn't notice the extra weight
  • Class IV towbar and fully insulated 7pin trailer connector, so you can pull any trailer to the track
  • huge transmission oil cooler installed to make sure pulling a trailer doesn't hurt anything
  • Can put a joe-hauler in the hitch and haul 3 bikes! We did 3 bikes, 3 people to a Fontana track day. Two monsters on the inside and a 749 on the hitch hauler.
Photo gallery: http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/gallery/?dir=2000_ford_van

Thanks for looking!
Chris

e: ckelley at ca-cycleworks dot com
or ring 619 501 2466

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 04:56:39 PM »

Sorry about that! We're in the middle of a host change and it broke the code that runs the gallery.

Here are the pics:
2000_e150_jul08.jpg
2000_e150_side.jpg
2000_ford_van_back.jpg :: super roomy for single bike/rider track day.
2000_ford_van_bike.jpg
mutt_n_bikes.jpg :: no problem with 2 bikes/2 people track day.
0107_pits.jpg :: If you're good at mensa puzzles, all this can fit in the van! No unloading at the hotel the night before (like you have to do with a pickup truck)
0208_pits.jpg :: with trailer, can handle 2 rider / 2 bike race team with generator, spares, etc etc.
friday_empty.jpg :: everything you see came in the van or trailer to the track! Same pit as above + a dirt bike!
floor.jpg :: Powder coated steel deck to tie bikes down
mid_seat_mounts.jpg :: capt'ns chair platforms in. Note, these usually were always in as you can have 2 to 4 seats in the front and still have 2 bikes in the van.
all_seat_mounts.jpg :: bench seat mounts were in only when the bench seat was needed; gets in the way of hauling 2 bikes.
putting_in_bench.jpg :: the seats were almost always in storage.
all_seats_in.jpg :: seating for 7 and room for all their luggage. Road trip!

Various extra info:
  • You can actually have 3 seats in the van and put a "joe hauler" in the class 4 hitch and the van can handle a 3 bike / 3 rider track day. We did Fontana once with S2R800, S2R1000, and 749S. THAT was cool.
  • The trailer is available, too, if desired. It has a spare tire/wheel and 2 wheel chocks bolted to the floor
  • You can ride down to get the van; I'll include a wheel chock, tiedowns, and a ramp.
  • The van is reviewed as having 14~17 mpg... when a motorcyclist drives it, you get 300+ miles to 28 gallons in the city and 420+ miles to 28 gallons freeway.
  • It has a governor that kicks in at 91 mph, set the cruise control at 90 and get 15 mpg all day...
  • Van gets 8 ~ 10 mpg pulling the tandem axle trailer pictured above. We rarely went over 70 mph with it. Van has huge transmission oil cooler and oversized transmission oil pan, so even with towing, the transmission fluid stays bright red and clear.

Compared to a minivan:
  • V8 has power, so unlike a minivan, you can drive without flooring it, and you get the same or better milage while being easier on the engine.
  • AOL overview of 2000 Ford E150 XLT with spec's
  • Compared to Ford F150, the turning radius is the same and the E150 van is actually a foot and a half shorter!
  • Not even one foot longer than a Toyota Sienna, Honda odyssey, Hyundai Entourage
  • Turning radius is only 4 feet more than most minivans, so is still easy to drive
  • The E150 has 20 to 50 more cubic feet of cargo volume than minivans! When you move, you will be amazed at what fits inside!
  • Seats are easy to remove.
  • Built solidly and popular with contractors, so your family won't trash the inside

Thanks,
Chris

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 01:06:32 PM »

SOLD.

Krista Kelley ... autist formerly known as chris
official nerd for ca-cycleworks.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print