Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 04:50:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tourmaster Pivot 2 jacket & Caliber pants review  (Read 5950 times)
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« on: May 08, 2008, 10:40:53 AM »

I recently picked up a Tourmaster Pivot 2 jacket in gray, and Caliber pants.

Jacket http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=231&cat=3

Pants http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=173&cat=4

First impression:

Good quailty, lots of flexibility, enough zippers to keep you looking for your keys for hours.  Excellent thermal lining and windproofing, CE approved armor in all the typical places (forearm & elbow, shoulder, knees, back & hip padding).  I went with the gray colored coat for more visibility that the black one.

I bought these for commuting, mostly because the pants are good overpants.  I can commute rain or shine, freezing or scorching.  There are vents to open for more air when it's warm and dry.  In the rain the waterproofing works very well.  The pant legs are zipper and velcro so you can easily pull them on or off over whatever you're wearing.  The pants & jacket zip together in the back with about an 8" zipper.  Lots of pockets so you've got plenty of waterproof places to stash your wallet, cell phone & keys.

Impression after commuting most days for 4 months:

I haven't crash tested these, but most textiles would need replacing after a crash.  I've tested the thermal liner into the teens with good results on short distances.  Around freezing is the limit for 1 hour or longer rides.  An electric vest under the coat would greatly improve riding below freezing.  Riding in temps above about 50 with the thermal liner in the coat results in some serious sweating.  Jacket vents well once the thermal liner is removed.  Same thing applies to the pants.  Rain testing showed no leaks and admitted no water, even after about 30 minutes of steady rain at 30-50mph.

Post any questions you have folks  wt:

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
Count Desmo

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 08:15:42 AM »

Are the pant closures "fussy?"  I tried on some TM overpants a while back and the full length zippers had full longth velcro on the rain flaps.  It made it more labor intensive than it should have.
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 09:28:05 AM »

1 zipper for the thermal liner, 1 zipper on the outside w/ the velcro flaps.  If you pull the leg reasonably straight they're not terribly fussy.  The velcro can get stuck on itself sometimes and that'll make 'em fussy. You kinda have to get used to them.  Definanatly fussier than my plain leathers ~

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: