Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 03:07:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best/favorite thing someone's said about your Monster?  (Read 359000 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 08:53:59 AM »

I once had a kid about 10 to 12 years old walk right over to me in a Safeway parking lot to tell me that my Monster was "the coolest bike ever".

My next door neighbors 18 year old niece came to visit and she walked throught the garage while I was working on the 999. She dropped her bags on the floor and just stared for a while. After a couple of minutes she said she had never in her life seen a motorcycle like that and that it was the best ever no doubt.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Toucan

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 09:03:11 AM »

"That bike makes me want to go home and break somthing."

That's one of the coolest responses I've ever heard...

Capo

You Are What You Is

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 09:09:04 AM »

"That sounds like a REAL motorcycle" from my neighbour.

Capo de tuti capi
cbartlett419
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 09:15:09 AM »

I was half way through a ride to N Louisiana from Houston and it had just started raining, when a couple of guys in a tahoe cruised past me, then slowed and I took out in front of them. They never got further away than a couple of car lengths. After 5-10 min they passed me again, slower this time, checking my ride out. The passenger and I met eyes and he gave me horns, I gave them back, never felt cooler
truckinduc

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 09:19:41 AM »

when i was at college i had the m900 parked outside of the dorms. I would crank it up every night about 8 pm. People would come to their windows and close them, and it made me laugh.

Then an old buell started parking beside me. My friends said one day after i left, the police came and threatened to impound his bike cause it was too loud. Said they had got over 50 complaints about it in the past week or so. But it was my bike they really wanted.

I pull in one night and a friend walks up. He asks if he can rev it up. I remove my right hand and signal for him to do it. He goes to about 7k rpm and says he is not going to be able to sleep for a week.
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 09:25:49 AM »

I guy I rode with this weekend owns a sedici.... he was riding another guys sport classic, and rode behind me for most of the ride. When we parked the bikes after the ride, he walks up and says..... "man, your bike sounds awesome"   Evil

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
DesmoDiva

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 09:29:23 AM »

I guy I rode with this weekend owns a sedici.... he was riding another guys sport classic, and rode behind me for most of the ride. When we parked the bikes after the ride, he walks up and says..... "man, your bike sounds awesome"   Evil

waytogo
Were you on the SBK or the Toasty bike?

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 09:33:14 AM »

"that is the sexiest motorcycle i have ever seen"

from a random MILF type at the gas station

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 09:38:25 AM »

waytogo
Were you on the SBK or the Toasty bike?

Toasty bike Evil

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 09:46:02 AM »

my bike is too fugly to get that kind of attention. she needs a new paintjob.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
jdubbs32584
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 09:50:22 AM »

"Shorty lookin good! That a hot bike girl!"

It was awesome.  Grin
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 10:06:56 AM »

i don't know if it's the best thing someone has ever said, but this comes to mind

msg on answering machine from fiancée's friend who saw us riding one day:

hey...
saw you guys today...
i wanted to let you know your triumph is blowin' some smoke,
and tell the chick on the ducati to slow down

laughingdp applause [moto]

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:08:28 AM by DuCaTiNi » Logged
nkryptit

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 10:08:06 AM »

I once had a kid about 10 to 12 years old walk right over to me in a Safeway parking lot to tell me that my Monster was "the coolest bike ever".

I've had this EXACT phrase uttered while dismounting at work,  little boy, probably 10.  I think the monster is what every little kid would draw with crayons if asked to mock up his/her dream motorcycle.

Opps..just read what I wrote...I was dismounting MY BIKE...not a little boy, just because I know someone will say something.
Valor

2003 Monster 620 Dark

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 10:32:07 AM »

I was paying for a haircut when the cashier, a lovely blonde thing who never paid me two minds before, noticed my riding jacket and helmet:

Cute cashier: Hey, what kind of bike do you have?
Me: A Ducati.
Cute cashier: Oooooh, I just got a shiver up my spine.
Me: Yeah, that happens.

akmnstr
What a Handsome

The Puppy Killer

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 11:25:12 AM »

I was paying for a haircut when the cashier, a lovely blonde thing who never paid me two minds before, noticed my riding jacket and helmet:

Cute cashier: Hey, what kind of bike do you have?
Me: A Ducati.
Cute cashier: Oooooh, I just got a shiver up my spine.
Me: Yeah, that happens.

Duoooooooooooode,  You can't just leave it there.  Tell us what happened next.   No wait, maybe it is just best left up to our imaginations, because
I just couldn't stand it if you lost you nerve and didn't ask her if she wants a ride, or you pulled out your wallet and showed her pictures of your wife and kids. 

"you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas!!" Davey Crockett & AKmnstr

"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men."
Charles Darwin

"I don't know what people expect when they meet me. They seem to be afraid that I'm going to piss in the potted palm and slap them on the ass." Marlon Brando
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: