Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 05:49:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best/favorite thing someone's said about your Monster?  (Read 359163 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1140 on: July 09, 2013, 04:37:48 AM »

Hahahahahhahahahahahahqhhqhqhwhahaha!

Thats hilarious and untrue
Always works for me... Undecided

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Ducatamount

« Reply #1141 on: July 09, 2013, 04:53:20 AM »

I think cops cut us old guys more slack than the young un's.
When I was younger,  Dolph + Evil =  Police (without the smile!)

half fast
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1142 on: July 09, 2013, 04:58:44 AM »

Could be...

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Greg

« Reply #1143 on: July 09, 2013, 05:35:40 AM »

I'm sure age might have something to do with it, but I've also had them specifically say "Thanks for not running and pulling over right away".
Last time we got pulled over were cruising out in the Texas hill country, doing about 10-15 over the limit came over a small rise to see a Constable coming right towards, he passes us and in the mirror I see him flip on the lights, so we pull over immediately, and by the time he has made a U turn we are already off our bikes and pulling gear off. He mentions that bikes never pull over and thanks us for doing so, he runs our DL's, checks insurance, looks over the bikes and then starts complimenting us on the Monsters and lets us off with a warning  Police

2012 M1100 Evo with Termis
Kabulpostie

« Reply #1144 on: July 09, 2013, 06:01:34 AM »

My experience with law enforcement is pretty limited, however I have been pulled over far more times than I have been ticketed, both on a bike and in a car (far more times in the car). My formula is to be polite, don't lie, don't give attitude yes sir no sir etc. I've worked with former police officers in jobs overseas been social with them at the gym and even ridden with them. The one thing they have all said bar none is that they get lied to every single day all day, and the best chance to get a warning is to be polite and tell the truth. My attitude is simple, I know the speed limit, I know when I am exceeding it ( except for some few occasions)if he decides to write me a ticket I earned it, so how can I mad, it's my fault?
Anyway, my $.02 worth exactly what you paid for it  Grin
jaxduc
Have you seen my

« Reply #1145 on: July 09, 2013, 06:29:40 AM »

My attitude is simple, I know the speed limit, I know when I am exceeding it ( except for some few occasions)if he decides to write me a ticket I earned it, so how can I mad, it's my fault?

I will sincerely take this to heart.

Aren't you the Panigale hater?
DesmoDiva

« Reply #1146 on: July 09, 2013, 06:40:54 AM »

The only time I have got out of a speeding ticket, I pulled over before the cop had even turned his lights on and told the truth.

I was going 75 in a 55 zone just at the crest of a hill.  I knew I was toast as soon as I saw him so no reason to play stupid.

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
Autostrada Pilot

« Reply #1147 on: July 09, 2013, 07:59:23 AM »

Getting back on topic....

Tow truck driver came to pick up my totaled bike - "damn that is a beautiful bike-sorry it's coming with me and not staying here".

maybe I need to start a "saddest thing anyone has said about your monster" thread

2003 Monster 620 Dark - Sold

1999 Monster 900 City - Sold

After 7 years of Monsters, I'm sadly bikeless right now.
Kabulpostie

« Reply #1148 on: August 09, 2013, 09:32:37 PM »

Took a long ride today and will have a ride report and pic for ducs in the wild. Last part of the ride sucked literally an hour of stop and go, I thought my left hand was going to fall off! However once back in town I  was following some guy in a red Mercedes SLK 55 convertible who was obviously impatient or feeling frisky since he was weaving back and forth "warming his tires" like. I passed when the road went for one to 3 lanes and low and behold it was a woman, quick glimpse of long red hair was the clue. I stopped at the light and with a clear road in front of her she stopped, pointed to my bike and gave a thumbs up Grin I pointed back at her car and gave her one too and then she sped off. I was going to describe her as a very good looking older woman, then I realized....she was probably my age  laughingdp but oh my, a good looking redhead in hot car who wasn't just poking along.. drool Made my entire day!
jaxduc
Have you seen my

« Reply #1149 on: August 10, 2013, 02:35:27 AM »

Hey man! What IS that? Like a Buell or somethin?   ...  Roll Eyes

Aren't you the Panigale hater?
Ducatamount

« Reply #1150 on: August 10, 2013, 03:39:00 AM »

From a metric cruiser rider - "Dayum! That thing is all motor."

half fast
mikefoxtrot

« Reply #1151 on: August 10, 2013, 05:08:35 PM »

As I'm walking into a shop to drop off my bike to get the tank replaced, a shop tech and customer were outside.

Customer: Nice helmet man! (just a Flying Tigers Bell helmet)
Tech: Screw the helmet, I'm checkin' out the bike!
memper

« Reply #1152 on: August 10, 2013, 05:40:56 PM »

I have two:
Went riding with some Money Ducatistis (dudes that have massive flow, enough to buy a Panigale and a Diavel, have them shipped together from Europe and know absolutely squat about their machines). I pull up and one dude says "your clutch sounds awesome" (not noticing the enclosed basket or the reservoir). I say, "it's not the clutch dude, its the carbs". The look of awe and confusion on his face was the compliment.

The other one was when I recently did a track day at NYST. A guy says "what is that? An SS? I want it! Just a nice thing to hear when outclassed at a track surrounded by hordes of R1's.

"Calling a bikini fairing on a monster a fairing is like calliing a girl in an actual bikini proper work attire....unless shes a stripper." -He Man

-----------------------------------------
Important: always check your battery filter and regularly change your headlight fluid.
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1153 on: August 10, 2013, 05:54:38 PM »

Customer: Nice helmet man! (just a Flying Tigers Bell helmet)
Tech: Screw the helmet, I'm checkin' out the bike!

And YOU left your "mistress" with THEM???!!!  Cool

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
mikefoxtrot

« Reply #1154 on: August 10, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »

And YOU left your "mistress" with THEM???!!!  Cool

Unfortunately!  I need to get the tank replaced though.  It has expanded so much I can't even get the latch past the ignition.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: