Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 09:51:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best/favorite thing someone's said about your Monster?  (Read 358972 times)
optiato

'07 695

« on: August 26, 2008, 06:35:53 AM »

I was thinking, we have a stupidest thing someone's said about it, so how about the best/most surprising?

I just put a new exhaust on.. on my test ride, at one point I was just in first or second gear on a side street, I saw someone look over from their truck in the oncoming lane, and say "Holy make the beast with two backs!"

It made me laugh.  It was great.

Then this morning, I pulled into the parking lot of our 6 story office building.. a friend of mine that works on the third floor told me that someone had said "Isn't that a little loud...?"

Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 07:57:11 AM by optiato » Logged
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:43:29 AM »

once, while I was on the m900, dressed as Santa, handing out candy canes.... a guy said "thats the coolest make the beast with two backsing thing ever (as he was holding his 2yo kid)   laughingdp

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
NEIKOS
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 07:02:05 AM »

Tie:

"Ohhhh . . . Ducati . . ." from a cute college girl who walked up to me and rubbed my chest while uttering said phrase.  Grin

"Hey Mr. Motorcycle Man!" from 4 college girls in a jeep who flashed me at a light.

red baron

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 07:20:54 AM »

"Hey Mr. Motorcycle Man!" from 4 college girls in a jeep who flashed me at a light.

thread over boobies always win.  laughingdp

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
akmnstr
What a Handsome

The Puppy Killer

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 08:05:38 AM »

A couple of nice things:

There is a click of neighbors that live down the street that call me "Ducati Bill."  Best nick-name I've ever had. 

A couple of years ago I hire a guy to inspect my furness.  After he's finished with his work, we're talking and the conversation gets around to Motorcycles and he tells me he rides a Norton Commando.  I am impressed.  I love old Nortons and British iron in general.  He is not bragging but I
pick up that he has an in depth knowledge and love for motorcycles.  Then he sees a picture of my monster on my refrigerator and asks if that's
my bike.  He then asks to see it.  So, I take him out to my shop and show it to him.  On seeing it he says, "That's the most beautiful motorcycle I've
ever seen."  This from a guy that rides a Norton!!   My heart swells with pride.   

Optiato - Thanks for starting this thread. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 08:32:44 AM by akmnstr » Logged

"you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas!!" Davey Crockett & AKmnstr

"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men."
Charles Darwin

"I don't know what people expect when they meet me. They seem to be afraid that I'm going to piss in the potted palm and slap them on the ass." Marlon Brando
optiato

'07 695

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:16:21 AM »

I don't think it gets much better for me than having my bike complimented.  You can call me whatever you want as long as you throw in a compliment or two for the bike!
hooligan machinist

"Slightly" modified 97M750

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 08:16:53 AM »

"Damn, your bike looks good at night"

Got that from a friend a few weeks ago.

cell # (931)-316-2020
Fresh Pants

Moof

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 08:22:48 AM »

Over heard from people pretending my bike was theirs:

Person asking if my monster was Dude's - "Hey that's nice. Is that your bike?"

Dude - "No, but I wish it was"

Poseur chick w/Dude - "No, it's mine" (sort of drunk, as she can barely keep from falling over)

Bwooooooahhh
Braaaaaaaappp
yamifixer

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 08:23:10 AM »

from a stranger on sidewalk to his son (i assume) while i was sitting behind him unkown to him, "That bike makes me want to go home and break somthing."

'00 M900Sie, '66 Benelli Fireball, '70 Honda Z50
Valve Springs are EVIL
Raux
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 08:24:29 AM »

So the other day a realtor calls up and wants to take pics of my house i'm moving out of. we walk around, look at the house and go out to garage. he sees the mirrors of the bike over the hood of the truck and asks, 'what is it, can i look?' SURE i say, beaming, knowing probably NOBODY in town has a Ducati 696.

so he goes, "WOAH, that's a DUC" not ducati not how do you say that.. a DUC... i say  you know bikes... he goes into detail how his dad used to own the ducati franchise in town years ago and he grew up in a DUC shop. and HE WAS IMPRESSED with the bike. now that's a compliment.

he's now looking at getting one  Grin
DesmoDiva

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 08:27:33 AM »

On my old Monster, I got lots of  waytogo and "nice bike" from people at stop lights/signs. 

Now it is more rubber necking to actually be sure they saw a woman on a SBK.  Grin

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
hankthe8th

2007 S4R(T)

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 08:36:41 AM »

Pics or it didn't happen.
Rufus120

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 08:43:50 AM »

The guy at the gas station this weekend told me that Ducatis are like the Ferrari of motorcylces and that I was really lucky to have one.  I doubt I will ever own a Ferrari, but I can almost afford my monster.  waytogo
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 08:48:39 AM »

I got a complement on Main St. one summer's night.  I was riding down Main St, and a T-top Z-28 with a couple or three girls complete with big 80's hair were coming the opposite direction.  I got the was the redneck version of "that's awesome" which is a couple "yee-haw's" combined with a few revs of the Flowmastered Z28   laughingdp

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
metallimonster

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 08:50:36 AM »

Had a Harley guy at a gas station give me the devil horns and say "That things if just f-ing Wicked Man!"

Shit eating gring last for about 30 miles.

Wherever I May Roam, Where I Lay My Head Is Home
02 620 Dark- High Mount CF Arrows
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: