Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 16, 2024, 03:51:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motus - American V-Four Sport Tourer?  (Read 34081 times)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2011, 11:41:32 AM »

is it as low as it seems from that camera angle?

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Triple J
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »

Compared to my SMT it is very low, but the SMT is a tall bike. I don't remember exactly, but I'd say the seat height was close to an old Monster maybe. It felt low (but I'm used to the SMT), but not unreasonably so.
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2011, 12:20:45 PM »

IMO, that camera angle is bad for all motorcycles.

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »

There's a cool multi-page article on the Motus V4 engine in the new issue of Hot Rod.

I'd love to have just the engine, let alone the whole bike.

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Travman

‘70 Guzzi, ‘73 Norton, ‘73 V7 Sport, ‘12 V7 Racer

« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2011, 02:13:55 PM »

It actually feels narrow when you sit on it...and it's lighter than any Guzzi I've ridden. I can't wait to test ride one.
Where did you get the chance to sit on one?  You owned a Griso right?  If he Motus is lighter than a Griso that's pretty good for a sport tourer.
Triple J
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2011, 02:15:18 PM »

Where did you get the chance to sit on one?  You owned a Griso right?  If he Motus is lighter than a Griso that's pretty good for a sport tourer.

They had a booth at the Laguna GP where you could sit on either bike. I don't know if it's lighter than the Griso...but it felt lighter picking it up from the kickstand.
scooterd145

« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2011, 02:18:38 PM »

On Friday I talked with both the engineer guys (they are pro Ducati BTW, and one of them has/had an ST4S). The bike in the picture above was the "short" version. the other one had full bags etc and was a taller version. Their goal is under 550 wet, the seat is AMAZINGLY narrow. Could not even get a ballpark guess out of them for a price though. The quote was, "if we knew it would be public". Really intersting couple of guys that on Friday were fielding pretty well any question you asked. I would say they are VERY pro-Americn and even talked about being in Alabama and right next to the track etc. After my Uncle sat on it he basically said this bike will replace his ST4s assuming it happens. everything about it spewed qulaity for sure, of course they are prototypes but they were using top of the line components with TONS of adjustability for them that is for sure.
BK_856er

2007 M695; 2004 749s

« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2011, 08:54:25 PM »

I'm 75% sure I chased one of these in the twisties for about 10min last week.  Figured I was coming up to the usual slug that I'd need to get around pronto, but this thing wicked it up and I was shocked at how balanced it seemed at pace for what looked from the rear to be a touring type bike.  Definitely had some get up and go, too.  Found out later that Motus was having a demo day near there (Alices) the following day, so maybe this was a scouting trip.  Here's a crappy screen capture from the video I was rolling.  Unfortunately the only exhaust note I could make out was from my own bike.

BK

muskrat

« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2011, 08:01:14 AM »

I got a chance to see it and sit on it here in Dallas a few weeks back.  I was impressed with the design, fitment and the bike felt just right for long-haul service.  A friend who is 5'6 was flat footed on the bike.  I hope they come through and start building them in because this is a bike I WILL own.  Hearing the guy make passes on the service road was also great.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
zarn02

« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2011, 09:49:46 AM »

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/motus-kmv4-crate-motor/

"If it weren't for our gallows humor, we'd have nothing to hang our hopes on."
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2011, 09:57:35 AM »

interesting.

i wish ducati did crate motors.. :-/

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »

Oh. My.  Shocked

A new project is forming in my brain.  Evil

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
lawbreaker

« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2011, 03:18:08 PM »

On Friday I talked with both the engineer guys (they are pro Ducati BTW, and one of them has/had an ST4S). The bike in the picture above was the "short" version. the other one had full bags etc and was a taller version. Their goal is under 550 wet, the seat is AMAZINGLY narrow. Could not even get a ballpark guess out of them for a price though. The quote was, "if we knew it would be public". Really intersting couple of guys that on Friday were fielding pretty well any question you asked. I would say they are VERY pro-Americn and even talked about being in Alabama and right next to the track etc. After my Uncle sat on it he basically said this bike will replace his ST4s assuming it happens. everything about it spewed qulaity for sure, of course they are prototypes but they were using top of the line components with TONS of adjustability for them that is for sure.

Both prototype bikes are titled and full roadworthy. I heard one of the Motus guys tell a guy (at the Laguna GP) that if they had the time , they'd take the bike beyond the track grounds and go for a test ride.. Cool dudes fo' sho'

If its not umpteen zillion dollars, I would definitely pull the trigger on one.

And the exhaust note is killer !

Travman

‘70 Guzzi, ‘73 Norton, ‘73 V7 Sport, ‘12 V7 Racer

« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2011, 06:10:40 PM »

Oh. My.  Shocked

A new project is forming in my brain.  Evil
Are you thinking of sticking the Motus V4 in a modified Ducati frame.  Evil
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2011, 03:30:05 AM »

Basically.  Evil

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: